• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina SSB4 Event Match Speculation Thread

Do the Event Matches I proposed sound good?

• Yes.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Very good.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • They're horrible.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should be something more.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Indifference.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
So Lucina's hardest battles would be those concerning characters who specialize in Ranged and Stunning attacks right?
Likely, if she shares a move-set with Marth, she won't have really any tools to combat hard-core camper other than your own skill.

Actually, now that I think about it, Lucina and Marth both have the speed to fill the gap between projectile users.
So I don't think Mega-man and Co. will be too big of an issue.

I betting on Diddy Kong and Zero Suit being some pretty strong counters to both Marth and Lucina.

The only difference being is that Lucina doesn't care about her spacing, if you catch them right in front of you, you won't get crap damage. Same goes with all other characters, you can play as Marth and force them to try and approach, as soon as they do however, you can let your Sword Hand's hunger sate itself as you won't be worrying about lowered damage.

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Oh man I can only imagine the campy missiles from Samus...
Keep in mind that Sakurai has been nerfing projectiles across the board, not saying that it won't be troublesome, but you might be over-estimating how powerful of a choice it may be. Rolling has also gotten a reasonable buff, you can check that out in the General Thread.

Last edited:

AsinineProfessor

Smash Rookie
Keep in mind that Sakurai has been nerfing projectiles across the board, not saying that it won't be troublesome, but you might be over-estimating how powerful of a choice it may be. Rolling has also gotten a reasonable buff, you can check that out in the General Thread.
Ah I'd heard about projectile nerfing, but not the roll buff. I'll look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Likely, if she shares a move-set with Marth, she won't have really any tools to combat hard-core camper other than your own skill.

Actually, now that I think about it, Lucina and Marth both have the speed to fill the gap between projectile users.
So I don't think Mega-man and Co. will be too big of an issue.

I betting on Diddy Kong and Zero Suit being some pretty strong counters to both Marth and Lucina.

The only difference being is that Lucina doesn't care about her spacing, if you catch them right in front of you, you won't get crap damage. Same goes with all other characters, you can play as Marth and force them to try and approach, as soon as they do however, you can let your Sword Hand's hunger sate itself as you won't be worrying about lowered damage.
Do you think Lucina's counter (I really don't if she has one yet) would provide useful against Projectiles like Samus' missiles?

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Ah I'd heard about projectile nerfing, but not the roll buff. I'll look into that. Thanks for the heads up.
http://smashboards.com/threads/rolling-in-smash-4.361450/#post-17102442

It seems like a better option in this game compared to the last two, also, link if you haven't found it yet.

Do you think Lucina's counter (I really don't if she has one yet) would provide useful against Projectiles like Samus' missiles?
Depends how long the animation is, I haven't actually played competitively before, but I think it'd lose some valuable momentum and give some time for the opponent to retaliate and/or get a better position.

AsinineProfessor

Smash Rookie
It seems like a better option in this game compared to the last two, also, link if you haven't found it yet.

Depends how long the animation is, I haven't actually played competitively before, but I think it'd lose some valuable momentum and give some time for the opponent to retaliate and/or get a better position.
Appreciate the link. And yeah I agree with you CommanderRin, I think that the the swing against the exploding projectile will leave Lucina open. Maybe NAir like Marth in Brawl/Project M? I've read that aerials in general have less landing lag so there's a possibility you wouldn't be as exposed.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
http://smashboards.com/threads/rolling-in-smash-4.361450/#post-17102442

I know Marth's counter works good against Samus' missiles, but that depends on his animation. I am unsure about Lucina's Counter duration myself.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Appreciate the link. And yeah I agree with you CommanderRin, I think that the the swing against the exploding projectile will leave Lucina open. Maybe NAir like Marth in Brawl/Project M? I've read that aerials in general have less landing lag so there's a possibility you wouldn't be as exposed.
I guess we'll just have to wait for the Smash 4 release!

Though I think I can say with confidence that Lucina is going to fair much better in scenarios where Marth has more trouble.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Maybe as sort of a reference to the partner system in awakening you fight robin with only assist trophies on
Let's take it further and make the Assist Trophies restricted to only summoning Fire Emblem characters. We may need to add more than Lyn, but what's wrong with that?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
*summons Frederick*
*Frederick sweeps away a few pebbles*
"A pleasure to serve you, my lord"
*vanishes*

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Let's take it further and make the Assist Trophies restricted to only summoning Fire Emblem characters. We may need to add more than Lyn, but what's wrong with that?
I dunno, there would need to be a lot. Although they could have fire emblem-ish characters too like some zelda assists

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Date Night:
Lucina and Male Robin fight two other characters (Mario and Peach?) on the Town and City stage.
I think Link and Zelda are another good choice. But I would love for it to be Samus and Little Mac.

You may call me Marth:
You fight a double team of Marth and Lucina, with Lucina dressed as Marth. You have to defeat Lucina without killing Marth.

What is this Power?
You fight as Robin and have to save a Lucina with 100% damage already from getting killed by Captain Falcon. It's at the FE stage for both versions.

Defeat the Fire Dragon!
Robin and Lucina team up against a giant Charizard.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I think Link and Zelda are another good choice. But I would love for it to be Samus and Little Mac.

You may call me Marth:
You fight a double team of Marth and Lucina, with Lucina dressed as Marth. You have to defeat Lucina without killing Marth.

What is this Power?
You fight as Robin and have to save a Lucina with 100% damage already from getting killed by Captain Falcon. It's at the FE stage for both versions.

Defeat the Fire Dragon!
Robin and Lucina team up against a giant Charizard.
That would be amazing if it were Samus and Little Mac.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
What about Battle of the Fire Emblem?

One where you act as Robin and Lucina (Or Ike and Marth) to fight the other two, or a legitimate 4 player free for all? It was in the trailer, I'd love for it to be some sort of event.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Here's my idea, even if it's not Lucina-centric, and yes @shinpichu I borrowed your format:
Event title: Dethroning Lords
Description: Prove yourself as an equal to the Lords. Beat them all in fair combat.
Player characters: Free choice
Allied CPUs: N/A NO ALLIES FOR YOU
Foe CPUs: Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina (Begins and ends with Marth in a way :p)
Rules: Stock match with items on. 1v1 each Lord with a high level CPU. Beat each Lord as they challenge you three to one. You can do this.

*strikethrough text is a joke :p

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Defeat the Heroes of Legend or Future vs. Past

Play as Lucina, defeat Marth and Ike, separately or together.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Hey Lucina supporters, I am glad to see your character made it in.
Title: "Protector of the Emblem"

Palutena plays the role of Tiki in the "The Future Past" scenario. Lucina must protect a harmless Palutena from Robin.
Personally, I'd add Ganondorf to that (if he's returning) to as a representation of Validar.

OT: I know they don't have any connection whatsoever, I would love to take on the classic villain team of Bowser (or Giga), Ganondorf, and Mewtwo with Lucina and show everyone that hope will never die.

Last edited:

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
Date Night:
Lucina and Male Robin fight two other characters (Mario and Peach?) on the Town and City stage.
Best. Event. EVER. LucinaxRobin has been my pair since my first Awakening playthrough, Never paired her with anyone else (except for Owain, but that was one time only and for support log)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Best. Event. EVER. LucinaxRobin has been my pair since my first Awakening playthrough, Never paired her with anyone else (except for Owain, but that was one time only and for support log)
Their child is so broken. So, so, so broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom