• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina/Marth tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMorninSun

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheMorninSun
3DS FC
1950-9735-8391
Hello, Lucina main here. I consider myself average at Sm4sh, but recently I've been having trouble maintaining my 60% win ratio on 1v1 For Glory. Some of the people I play against just demolish me, and it's really frustrating... The main problem I think is I don't know how to deal with shields when I'm in the air. Every time I try to do a f-air or b-air, my opponent will usually shield, then proceed to punish. The problem is Lucina's aerial game is a big component of her character, meaning essentially I'm always at a disadvantage when my opponent is on the ground and I'm in the air.

I notice Lucina players like ZeRo don't have this problem, but I just can't understand why. Every time I try to play like they do, it never works out for me. It feels like I'm not improving at all... I want to be an elite Lucina and Smash player, any tips?

blazegoat

Smash Rookie
NNID
blazegoat
One thing you could do is empty jump grab, or fast fall grab, maybe even try shield breaker to scare them out of their shield

TheMorninSun

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheMorninSun
3DS FC
1950-9735-8391
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom