• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina is Bae - A Lucina Montage

Crocketz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Krocketz
Hey guys, I created a montage of my main character, Lucina. I hope you enjoy it. Feedback is always greatly appreciated. I might do more for some of my other mains, but we'll see.

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
Nice montage!

You had some nice edits, just 1 critc!

The shield break edit @0:26 you might want to conside only using 4 clips to cover the screen. I found the center clip covered up the other clips a little bit too much and it became a little distracting.

Also, I'm a little biased in this area as I have grown less and less fond of meme text, BUT! You might want to hold back on doing them. Just about everyone is doing it because of how popular Alpharad's How to Play 101 videos have become, so you might want to consider trying to do something different to separate yourself from everyone else's combotages!

Gameplay wise! Your Lucina game is on point! :). I always love watching Marth and Lucina mains play!

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Liking your play with Lucina! Seeing those next level shield breaker reads shows how patient you are an I gotta say that's pretty amazing. I wish I had that luck of shield breaking people into dizziness in 1v1s that often. Haha. XD

Also loving that on point down airs. I wish I had that confidence off stage. Not much to say since I'm already convinced you play her better than I do, so keep improving from there! Probably not much for feedback but that's all I have to say to this nice montage of yours.

Crocketz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Krocketz
Nice montage!

You had some nice edits, just 1 critc!

The shield break edit @0:26 you might want to conside only using 4 clips to cover the screen. I found the center clip covered up the other clips a little bit too much and it became a little distracting.

Also, I'm a little biased in this area as I have grown less and less fond of meme text, BUT! You might want to hold back on doing them. Just about everyone is doing it because of how popular Alpharad's How to Play 101 videos have become, so you might want to consider trying to do something different to separate yourself from everyone else's combotages!

Gameplay wise! Your Lucina game is on point! :). I always love watching Marth and Lucina mains play!
Thanks for the criticism, it is so nice to finally get pointers on where to go from here :).

I, too, felt that the shield breaker section was a little OTT, but I suppose hindsight is 20/20. I felt the need to cram as many of those generic shield breaker clips together as I could, because I didn't feel they were strong enough to stand on their own. Next time I overlay clips, I'll limit myself to 3 or 4. (Fun Fact: The Shield Breaker section had to be rendered separately from the rest of the video and imported back in. This way, my GPU didn't do a Little Mac and kill itself 10 seconds into the render)

Again, thanks for the criticism, it means so much to me.

Top Bottom