• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina as a Great Lord in Smash 5 - Sword & Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I think this might be the best place to put this, what with Lucina's fans floating around here, probably a bit safer from the heavily anti-FE crowd.

I was thinking in the "If you were in charge of Smash 5's roster" thread, I didn't like the thought of cutting characters NOR did I like the idea of alternate characters. I think characters should feel like they belong in Smash. Yes, this includes Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Alph, and Lucina (not the Koopalings, they are fine as they are). So attempting to think of ways to make the clones different, I initially had a lot of trouble thinking of unique things for Lucina when it hit me:

In Fire Emblem Awakening, Chrom and Lucina could promote their Lord class to become Great Lords. Both of them gain a shield to go along with their Flachion. Chrom obtains the Fire Emblem (or a very large one at that) and Lucina has a shield made in the same design as her mask, see below:

How would you feel about Lucina becoming a Great Lord in Smash 5? Using her sword and newfound shield, she could be a cross between :4link: and :4marth: rather than just a very very slightly different :4marth:. Being a hyper fast sword and shield user without the gimmicky gadgets of Link, this would open up Lucina to use her shield in combat like shield bashes, side swipes, or even throwing it Captain America style. Imagine a :GCR::GCB: being a shield bash that, if charged up, could be used to stun the character like a shorter shield break? Or possibly tossing her shield, though that may be too much like Link's boomerang. Heck, for good measure, make her next appearance in Smash utilize her Great Lord look just like how Ike and Roy used new looks in Smash 4.

What are your thoughts? Do you think people would like Lucina more (or hate Lucina less) if she had a new moveset like this (or at least a fusion of Link and Marth) rather than being a nigh perfect clone? Or FE characters in general? Do you think Sakurai would consider this?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I think this is a cool fit. She could potentially utilize Fire Emblem stuff that Robin didn't quite stuff into her own moveset.

I was thinking like, what if Lucina had Galeforce? Maybe after KO-ing an opponent she gets a temporary burst of speed and jump or something? I think it'd lead to more daring (Or perhaps DAIR-ing) Lucina players to chase off stage, what do you think?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
How long would Galeforce last? In a 1v1 would it just wear off by the time the enemy drops down (assuming they drop down immediately, they may want to wait on the invincible platform until Galeforce wears off) and drop out of invincibility, becuase if so, it would be more useful in Free for All.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Well it shouldn't be too OP so I'm thinking like 7 seconds? Avoidable in one v ones but like I said... Chasing off stage and getting a kill might make her recovery that much better that it's worth taking the risk or something. I dunno, just an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom