• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas's Frame Cancel Fair Combos!

Brozoco

Smash Rookie
I made a rough estimate to when Lucas's Frame Cancel Fair combos into all of his other moves. In case you don't know what a frame cancel is, it is when you hit a move with the first active frame of it right before you land so you experience no landing lag.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Aiming for Frame 9, then, huh? Gonna practice some of these. Thanks for sharing! :)

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Due to the similar knockback and landing lag it MIGHT already be covered by the clean zair > other things (zair > zair > fair > fair is a dreeeaam)
But interesting find!

Son~

Smash Rookie
I made a rough estimate to when Lucas's Frame Cancel Fair combos into all of his other moves. In case you don't know what a frame cancel is, it is when you hit a move with the first active frame of it right before you land so you experience no landing lag.

I thought you had to fast fall during the hit lag. So you're just hitting them at the lowest possible point? No fast fall?

van18

Smash Rookie
NNID
imperialpoke
This is awesome! could these combos be done before the 1.1.3 patch?

MadCanard

Smash Apprentice
I can't help but hope that one of these can lead into a jab lock situation (with a missed tech of course).

JesterJaded

Smash Journeyman
I can't help but hope that one of these can lead into a jab lock situation (with a missed tech of course).
I imagine that if you can Fair > Dair with this, Fair > footstool should work as well, so yeah, Lucas' lock jank probably has another hit confirm.

I love this character.

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Whoah. This just opened up a whole new world. So much to lab....Thank you! This is an AMAZING find. Will it autocancel if you dont hit your opponent? Because that would actually be broken if you got the timing down to the point of it being second nature.

ilysm

sleepy
No, it won't frame cancel if you don't connect with the opponent. I don't understand the ins and outs, but essentially frame-cancelling occurs when the hitlag of an attack overlaps with its landing lag. This is why Lucas's fair is a good move for frame-cancelling; the window is more lenient because its hitlag is ridiculous. I don't think you can frame-cancel attacks on shield, though I don't know exactly why that interaction is different.

Top Bottom