• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas's 0-Death thread

Brozoco

Smash Rookie
Now I'm sure most people on this forum are aware of Lucas's 0-Death Combo. If not here is the video:​

This combo is fairly simple in how it works; Grab--->Dthrow--->Footstool--->FF Dair--->Ftilt(x3)--->Uair--->Footstool--->Dair--->UpSmash. It is however difficult to pull off. Even if you have practiced the combo and understand the timing you still have to read your opponents DI from the down throw and the footstool. This combo also doesn't work on some of the cast, mainly not working on fast falling characters. Only 28 characters are able to be killed by it. 3 have the combo stop working before they are at kill percent. And 21 that are immune to this combo. The cast is even further divided with some characters requiring specific variaions of the combo in order for it to work on them and some need to be on stages with low ceilings or need to be pummeled during the grab.

Characters affected by this combo
:4mario: :4luigi: :4yoshi: :4dk: :4samus: :4pit: :4marth: :4duckhunt: :4metaknight: :4rob: :4ness: :4villager: :4wiifit: :4drmario: :4darkpit: :4lucina: :4pacman: :4sonic: :4lucas:
  • Special Variations
    • :rosalina: (can only be jab locked 3 times, needs to be pummeled on stages with high ceilings)*
    • :4gaw: (can only be jab locked 3 times, needs to be pummeled on stages with high ceilings)*
    • :4link: (needs to be jab locked five times to kill)
    • :4ganondorf: (needs to be jab locked five times to kill)
    • :4kirby: (can only be jab locked 3 times, needs to be pummeled on stages with high ceilings)*
    • :4charizard: (needs to be jab locked five times to kill)
    • :4jigglypuff: (can only be jab locked 3 times, needs to be pummeled on stages with high ceilings)*
    • :4olimar: (can only be jab locked 3 times, needs to be pummeled on stages with high ceilings)*
    • :4mewtwo: (can only be jab locked 3 times, needs to be pummeled on stages with high ceilings)*
    • :4feroy: (needs to be jab locked five times to kill)

Characters who can't be jab locked to death percent
:4peach: (is unable to be locked after third jab lock, you need to use uair for the third jab lock) :4zelda: (stops working after third jab lock) :4tlink: (stops working after third)

Characters not affected by this combo
:4bowser: :4bowserjr: :4wario: :4diddy: :4littlemac: :4sheik: :4zss: :4palutena: :4myfriends: :4robinm: :4dedede: :4fox: :4falco: :4pikachu: :4lucario: :4greninja: :4falcon: :4shulk: :4megaman: :4ryu:

All testing was done in training mode on level 2 CPUs on Omega Miiverse.
*And by high ceilings I mean blastzones the same sizes as or bigger than Omega Miiverses

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Does canceling the footstool momentum with Down-B help at all?
it most likely will as Ace put a video of him doing a 0-44% combo from a footstool. He used down-b to stop his momentum and then fair reset with the sourspot,

I am guessing something will have to get changed though

Brozoco

Smash Rookie
Does canceling the footstool momentum with Down-B help at all?
The start up and ending lag stalls you in the air for to long that you arent able to get the dair out in time but by cancelling the jump with down b you can do this:

Last edited:

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
I found you can do 10+ nairs on duckhunt, starting from the right and moving to the left up the tree branches, branch by branch, I haven't managed to do a finisher, but neutral B, and up air are most likely, Up B maybe as well if you catch them in the tail thunder

DoctorRotom

Smash Cadet
Weird, I'm able to get the lock on Roy for two strings.

Edit: Wait, I'm a dip**** and read the OP wrong. Couldn't get the the whole combo on Roy after trying.

Last edited:

JesterJaded

Smash Journeyman
Do we have any low-frame options that lead into grab? Asking because a whiffed grab can lead into getting hard punished, but making this combo less risk and more reward would be exciting.

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
I discovered a new 0-death with Lucas today. Not sure if it's useful yet, but it's a start.

Idk if it's 100% true combo, needs a bit of testing. If you grab the opponent in the opposite direction (Lucas' back facing the edge), do d-throw to reverse nair and continue the combo. Works on mid-weight characters and up. For heavy characters, you have to fastfall before the second nair. Tested on Mario and Ganon.

I'm currently testing out different variations on floaty/light characters. So far, against Jigglypuff, I've came up with this :
d-throw(at edge) to nair to bair to ff-dair(4th hit spike) to footstool. Jiggs can't recover after.

Last edited:

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
On Roy you need to get a little creative.
Grab--->Dthrow--->Footstool--->FF Dair--->Ftilt(x3)->Grab--->Dthrow--->Footstool--->FF Dair(x2)->Perfect Pivot->Sweetspot D-tiltx2-> U-smash.

Brozoco

Smash Rookie
On Roy you need to get a little creative.
Grab--->Dthrow--->Footstool--->FF Dair--->Ftilt(x3)->Grab--->Dthrow--->Footstool--->FF Dair(x2)->Perfect Pivot->Sweetspot D-tiltx2-> U-smash.
So Roy can perform this combo? That's nice to know. I'll update the post right away

Top Bottom