• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Wavebounce and Breverse PK Fire Guide!

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Ok so the problem with this is that while you've got a spammable projectile with great spacing...its pretty slow and doesnt cover great distance.

So that metaknight shouldve just waited on the other side of the stage and just powershielded until you made a risky decision or until time out. This is great for opponents that need to approach, but its still predictable so you cant spam it the entire match and expect a result.

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
Ok so the problem with this is that while you've got a spammable projectile with great spacing...its pretty slow and doesnt cover great distance.

So that metaknight shouldve just waited on the other side of the stage and just powershielded until you made a risky decision or until time out. This is great for opponents that need to approach, but its still predictable so you cant spam it the entire match and expect a result.
I had the lead majority of the match if not all(have to look at it again) so the Meta Knight would have to approach. It was working because I was spacing myself to where he couldn't punish it and if he could punish it, my back would be at the ledge, so he wouldn't be able to kill me super early unless he wants to risk his life(Because you can airdodge through tornado and DI the Nair).

It is indeed predictable, but very annoying to deal with which makes it fairly spammable. Majority of characters have a hard time punishing it and was forced to respect it. Sure they can camp at the ledge, but if I have the lead, they would have to approach me eventually. Meta Knight is just one of the few MUs that I do abuse PK Fire much more than other characters. Many other MUs i don't use PK Fire nearly as much besides throwing it out there so the opponent has to respect it.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
I had the lead majority of the match if not all(have to look at it again) so the Meta Knight would have to approach. It was working because I was spacing myself to where he couldn't punish it and if he could punish it, my back would be at the ledge, so he wouldn't be able to kill me super early unless he wants to risk his life(Because you can airdodge through tornado and DI the Nair).

It is indeed predictable, but very annoying to deal with which makes it fairly spammable. Majority of characters have a hard time punishing it and was forced to respect it. Sure they can camp at the ledge, but if I have the lead, they would have to approach me eventually. Meta Knight is just one of the few MUs that I do abuse PK Fire much more than other characters. Many other MUs i don't use PK Fire nearly as much besides throwing it out there so the opponent has to respect it.
They dont have to punish it. They can just powershield and not approach.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
They dont have to punish it. They can just powershield and not approach.
It's still a VERY safe tactic because of how much distance Lucas retreats, and you can throw off their powershield timing by just delaying it a couple of frames. The point is your opponent is forced to take a defensive stance while trying to get in, which, while not useful when Lucas is playing from behind, makes it that much easier to retain a lead because of the pressure it can put opponents under, usually causing them to over-commit and get punished.

Top Bottom