• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas vs. Pit HELP!!

FD is life.

Smash Rookie
About 90% of the people in my dorm play as Pit, and while I can beat them in off character matches, when we play Lucas v. Pit, I get beat... I don't lose every time but I find myself by getting hit by his basic A attacks that attack behind as well as I roll, also PK almost anything gets reflected by Pits choice of 2 reflectors!!! Also that fact that Pit can fly makes a long recovery that requires a PK thunder to some what hang me out to dry... I'm close to maining as Lucas except when I play Pit... HELP!!:urg:

technomancer

Smash Champion
Pit is generally a pretty punishable character. He's quick and hits decently hard but he'll have trouble killing you. The trick is to just space the hell out of him. As he moves forward, adjust back, make him miss by an inch and stick him in the face. Spotdodge to jabcombo is good as well, and don't roll so much. Good DI to quickly get out of side B is golden too.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
if hes using his b up to recover just pk thunder him and absorb his arrows if hes far away. When he uses his b side just stand in front of the spinning blade and charge up your stick. Its funny when pits blade stops spinning and you have your stick charged up ready to f**k up their face. Hope that helped you.

Oh another tip. When hes charging a down smash or up smash pk thnder 2 right through him. its an easy 30% to get on pit.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
My brother plays pit and I've grown used to him. At first he was incredibly hard to defeat as I was used to playing Defend lucas.

B sticking is your friend in this matchup. You can spam PKF all you want and his reflect will not hit you. Nair to Ftilt is great. If you Nair to Utilt remember to shield and not perform a second Utilt as his Dair has priority. Ezy on the grabs in this match up, he is looking for Opps to get you stuck in his Fsmash etc. When he is off the edge don't chase him with lightning unless he uses his Uspecial. If he gets hit with blue wings he falls to his death....worst part about playing pit.

Practice your psi magnet. always Shield his first arrow and maget right after to detour his spam. He'll grow uneasy as you absorb arrow after arrow when he tries to come back and use mind games etc etc.

Fact is Pit is a strong character but in this matchup you outrange him.

I feel your pain, I felt it for sometime but overcame it...TL is still the hardest for me ><

Top Bottom