• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas vs Ness

napZzz

Smash Hero
My older bro thinks ness is better, but lucas has more attacks to be uses in different situations and I just think he has more depth to him. His recovery is much better than ness's too and he might be weaker but most of his attacks come out fast and in some case are stronger, actually I Think all of lucas's smashs are stronger. But in the air ness's headbutt aka his best move is way better

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
but lucas has more attacks
Yeah, they added a new button to the Wii just to activate this entire new moveset for Lucas, too. It's conveniently located right below the power button on the system. It's considered really cheap to use this new moveset, somewhat like Zelda's down+B in Melee, but it almost always prevents the opponent from winning a match.

MUNECO

Smash Rookie
I personally use both Ness and Lucas for different reasons. I use Ness when I'm facing tougher opponents 'cause he's easier to get out of sticky situations than Lucas. Even though Lucas is a bit slower, he still packs more of a punch than Ness. Either way I like 'em both.

Roger Racebannon

Smash Cadet
Yeah, they added a new button to the Wii just to activate this entire new moveset for Lucas, too. It's conveniently located right below the power button on the system. It's considered really cheap to use this new moveset, somewhat like Zelda's down+B in Melee, but it almost always prevents the opponent from winning a match.

Ooh, yeah, that's a good one.

I've been trying to incorporate that into my playing style recently. I think someone should post this in the Tactical Discussion section.

DiamondStuDD

Smash Rookie
I have hated Ness since SSB64, I picked up Lucas and gave him a try and he is now one of my favorite characters in all of the SSB's. I still hate Ness.

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
1. I made a thread like this about 2 months ago
2. Most people will probably pick Lucas, since it is the LUCAS boards
3. After playing the game, I can say that you really can't compare them. They feel like two totally different character. Pretty much all 12 of lucas's physical attacks are different (A, side tilt, Utilt, Dtilt, side smash, Usmash, Dsmash, Nair, Fair, Bair, Uair, and Dair) are completely different from ness's. Their 4 specials are SIMILAR, but don't really compare. PK flash and freeze are ALIKE, but have different results. PK fire are different from each other. PSI magnets are slightly different; Lucas's damages the opponent, but only covers from both sides. Ness does not hurt the opponent with it, but covers from both sides. PK thunders are a lot more different than people think... the only way you can compare them is that both Lucas AND Ness have to hit themselves with it to get a boost (third jump), but other than that, really different.

Even though they don't really compare well, I would pick Lucas over Ness.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Lucas. Amazing tilts. Countless moves that trip opponents. Ridiculously long and controllable PK Thunder. Spammable PK Fire. And the glitchiest character in the game so far. What's not to love?

Zevox

Smash Lord
I have hated Ness since SSB64, I picked up Lucas and gave him a try and he is now one of my favorite characters in all of the SSB's. I still hate Ness.
This is pretty much my answer. Though I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate Ness, I just don't like his play style. But Lucas takes all the very few things I like about Ness, gets rid of everything I don't, and improves him into a character I love. PK Thunder is easy to control, PK Fire is intuitive now that it goes straight even while in mid-air, Psi Magnet can damage foes and is just plain superior, tether grab, psi hexagons on his attacks extending their reach, all of his smash attacks can kill below 100% - I just can't think of anything Ness has I like more than what Lucas does. At all.

Zevox

shadowfox2769

Smash Rookie
well since this is the lucas boards i'm goin to go with lucas

and btw marth got nerfed =(
(me being a former marth main)

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I show no favoritism whatsoever to either of them. If one is listed as my first favorite and the other is listed as my second in game, I'll play with the second favorite until he becomes the first, and then switch.

Levitas

the moon
Aevin, if you never use your favorite, you're depriving yourself. Your plan sucks. I like my plan: Play one until you hate them, then switch. It's a love-hate relationship. As in I love to hate the character I'm not currently playing.

Top Bottom