• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Videos. Kone (Lucas) vs GAwes (Luigi) UPDATED NEW VIDS

Kone

Smash Master
Hey all :) . Got some new vids recorded last weekend of my lucas. So that you guys know im currently ranekd top five in the UK ans GAwes (before heading to britain recently for uni) was ranked best in Georgia and top five falcons in the US. Not gloating, but showing that we are players that understand compeittive fighters. Will update this thread regularly as we progress. There is a getting together of some of britains best players start of feb and we will be having a small tourney. Shall post them vids as soon as there up. Hope you enjoy.

If anyone has any questions, theories or ideas for my to try out hola my way.

Best of 5 set recorded 02/16/08

match 1 FD - http://youtube.com/watch?v=jj1CXG0x_Ks

match 2 Starfox - http://youtube.com/watch?v=0xsqZ_yh7-M

match 3 - Animal Crossing - http://youtube.com/watch?v=_zSLomCD9Fo

match 4 - Poke Stad 1 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=89b7b08_jsc

match 5 - battlefiel - http://youtube.com/watch?v=BKKX7LOYLXs

Ed

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Nice matches =)

What you need to improve on most is your recovery. It's not that hard to sweetspot the Ledge with PK Thunder, and you might want to utilize your "snakey" as a Tether recovery more often. It's surprisngly effective. Speaking of PK Thunder, you could try using it offensively a bit more. I also recommend you to spam the F-Smash more (Spam as in use it well and knock his brains out =P)

ODD_JOB

Smash Rookie
great matches, other than maybe trying out the snake recovery when the situation allows it, everything else was overall ok

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I second what Seripit said: try to use PK thunder more to follow up aerial combos and stuff. Aside from that, your playing style is really good. Good job with connecting those up smashes!

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
*more offensive PK thunder*

you're the second best lucas i've seen! well... you ARE the best now that the other lucas took his videos off lucas >_>

but seriously, great playing!

True Fool

Smash Ace
Nothing wrong with the players, but is it really that hard to turn up the volume on the TV? Clickity-clack is a terrible tune to listen to.

DaHoodedGuy

Smash Rookie
Good matches... lovin' the PK Fire. You barely used Freeze... is it useless or something?

And I'm still loving that USmash.
PK Freeze is really good. They get frozen for enough time for me to run over there and kill them with a up smash, which from my experience cracks the ice and hits them.

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah apologies about the controller noises. Will sort that out for the next set of vids. Ill try but more pk thunder into my game but its not like ness' pk thunder from previous games. It goes through the opponent, so im more prone to attack as im lagging and their not. In all honesty though my vertical movement with lucas was well poor in the them vids. Im following up with alot more uairs now, which rock.

Upsmash is amazing. It has a weird timing and large hitbox, will surprise opponents that arent used to lucas. Defiently one of his finishers.

Forward smash is also alot more in my game aswell as faorward tilt for spacing. However, its not spammed. Spacing > spamming.

I messed around with freeze but its like flash. I aint going to hit a smart opponent with it regularly. There are better options for lucas imo.

My lack of sweetspotting the pk thunder was just due to lack of practice. Played ness competitively in the n64 but not melee. Just getting used to it again. I do tether with snakey to change things up, but this has to be done infrequently. Dont want to be edgehogged :/

Anyone got any other ideas for lucas?

ed

gsarany

Smash Cadet
Well at low precents could you do a down grab and then an up smash or is it really that laggy for you to combo with after doing a down grab?

coach

Smash Apprentice
ed. Try using forward tilt to end combos. It has great recovery time and knock back to finish a set of moves. Also something I started to notice against people recovering below the stage is with pk thunder (yeah i know it's bad to spam high recovery time projectiles) is that at higher percents and maybe lower you can stage spike people by bouncing them off the stage. I still want to try out the effectiveness of using his down b for a move to hit people as it seems to have great range too. I really like your use of down air spacing definitely something i need to start doing. Another cool combo starter (although i dont know if it works against luigi. certain moves against certain characters etc.) is doing upair into the ground into something. It has a low recovery time, almost none. It's interesting to see someone play lucas a lot like I am, especially since i hadn't seen any videos of him before i played him.

Hopefully this jarble is helpful. Have fun with wes. He's a beast.

Malk

Smash Champion
Lookin real good.

Some ideas: I need to try this more but you made it look so sexy - Jumping out of shield to neutral air which combos easily into up tilt or u smash. It seems way better than shieldgrabbing if they land close to you, in front or back. Nice nice

(In the 5th match) When you needed to up b to recover - you are in a melee mindset, scared of the ledge hog. You can go reallllly low and still get back no problem, so doing an up B near the stage where GAWes was chillin was just asking for those backairs.

Maybe try short hopping your pk fire? I think you'll be happy with the results. You can go an impressive horizontal distance while covering both short hop and standing height against most characters. The explosion is just huge.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Best Lucas and Luigi I've seen so far :3 Lucas is really drawing my attention everytime more

Keep up the good smash

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
It's been said in this thread, but more offensive PK thunder. It's slow enough that you can cover up misses from air dodges if that is what worries you.

Otherwise, good stuff.

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
Very nice. Since I'm somewhat interested in playing Lucas, and a friend of mine is considering Luigi, these are extremely fun to watch. Keep it up, looking forward to the next set (assuming you're doing them)

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
Just curious really, but have you tried PK Thunder for edge-guarding? I only have comps/bad humans to try it on, but it seems to work well if their under the stage as an alternative to having to go down there yourself, you can get some stage spikes. More generally maybe you could land it as Luigi missiles horizontally. 2 hits with 1 PK Thunder is often enough to carry them off the stage, or 1 hit enough to repeat the same thing again. Probably not as useful for when they are recovering at short distances though. Loop the loop mindgames if they airdodge?

Kone

Smash Master
Bronze - ive not really found it to be that useful to be honest :/ . Generally on high percents. Im stillt rying to incorporate thudnering more into my game but its really not my gamestyle. Im prefer to have the flexibility to be forcing my opponent into an area of the stage /into lag rather than lag myself and hit them once maybe twice with pk thunder which really wont impact teh outcome of the match though. I still believe offensively lucas has other weapons that have better priority.

Ill try thundering against wes when he recovers below the stage tho, ive also started using a few other ideas inr egards to edge guardign that should be prevelant in the set we post on friday ( expect weekly friday updates :) ). However, as you will know bronze, wes is a clever player ;)

Ed

Top Bottom