• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tips

Veng

Smash Ace
I decided to make this, because I can do pretty dang good with lucas at this point.
Anyways..

________

1) Try and mix up your routine. Most people do the same thing over and over, but dont realize it, because there pattern is HUGE. So say your over here < and hes over here > your likely to do the same thing every time.

Instead of roll dodging then going for a stick hit. roll dodge twice, then go for a grab. Or a down smash. MIX IT UP!!!! MOST IMPORTANT.

Another part of mind games would obviously be DI and just knowing what your opponents going to do. Even if there not very predictable, you know there moves, take the easy way out wait for a mess up, and punish it.

2) B sticking. I know most say its not that nice, but this is an AMAZING TECHNIQUE you dont use it all that much because most projectiles can counter it. But there gettin off a ledge, or out of a roll, perfect time.

Mind games > B sticking still.

3)Coming back/Recoverys

Wow this is a tough one, due to Lucas's not so great ^B. But if your no jumps left, coming back, DROP LOWER THEN THE SURFACE OF THE STAGE. Projectiles will own you. Then try and aim for the stage ledge, so you dont get C sticked to DEATH.

If your coming back with a jump, either fair it, or Air dodge, then grab or roll then grab. It works wonders. Sometimes a down smash.

If your on a ledge I suggest roll dodging then winging it depending on your opponent.

4) Composition. Try and keep it together, if your losing YOU CAN COME BACK, trust me, 1 mess up can be 1 big punishment. Dont be nervous, youll forget your mind games, youll mess up.

Remember, your having FUN.

5) Putting it all together.

-Remember ledge moves, be tricky and confusing
-Always out smart your opponent
-Mix it up
-BE PATIENT wait for them.

Levitas

the moon
So basically, what you just said was this:

1. Don't spam
2. PK F a lot
3. Lucas's recovery is hard (+various recovery tips)

I just want to point out that the first two are right on, and I've been saying them over and over again.

However, point 3 is way off. Lucas has 3 godly recovery options, and the best thing to say hands down about recovery w/ lucas is this: Tether whenever possible. It's his best recovery because it's his fastest.

Also, rolling up from the edge is really risky against anyone good.

Levitas

the moon
Ok, I guess I should clarify. What I meant was "Don't spam moves not called PK Fire, and don's spam PK fire in a risky and/or vulnerable way"

You got me, lol.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Using roll dodging as much as you're implying is suicide against anyone smart enough to pay attention to what you're doing. Rolling is extremely predictable because it always send you the exact same distance. You're much better off shielding, spot dodging or just spacing yourself better. Watch some pros in melee and you'll see that they hardly ever roll. Oh and Lucas's Up B is amazing for recovery as long as you're smart with it and don't just use it immediately whenever you get knocked off.

shae_hawk

Smash Rookie
I have to agree with the "never give up" part of the post. Lucas has so many ways to quickly finish a cocky oppnnet who has stopped being careful because they think they have the game. Up Smash will kill a such low percents it amazes me sometimes, not to mention his several spikes.

I would also agree though that I think Lucas has amazing recovery. His jumps are hard to predict as it is and he jumps HIGH or in LONG arcs if you choose. PK Thunder if used correctly should keep you safe during recovery, and most of the time you probably won't even need it.

Top Bottom