• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas' PSI Magnet Gliding?

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
I just discovered that when Lucas runs, short-hops and immediately does PSI magnet he does a sort of glide where he gains some propulsion without going off the ground. It's pretty cool but I can't get footage of it due to a lack of a recording device.

Last edited:

ElementUser

Smash Cadet
I took a video for you:

I didn't showcase the hitbox for Lucas' PSI Magnet, but what B-dAWG said is true. I don't use that approach option much myself just because PSI Magnet has quite a bit of lag, and the hitbox area is strict (only the very center of the PSI Magnet has it, as opposed to something like F-Air which covers a large area in front of Lucas).

Last edited:

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
Thanks ElementUser and fyazko for providing videos that show that that tech off.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
yeah I've seen this, its cool because it puts a hotbox infront of lucas, providing a decent approach
Nahh. This is actually a pretty horrible approach.

16-frame start-up minimum for a tiny, 1-frame hitbox with 34 frames of endlag no matter what.

The best use of this is to pull out magnet without having to stop running, and only then it's not really useful unless you absorb something so you can cancel the endlag of the magnet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nahh. This is actually a pretty horrible approach.

16-frame start-up minimum, tiny, 1-frame hitbox with 34 frames of endlag no matter what.

The best use of this is to pull out magnet without having to stop running, and only then it's not really useful unless you absorb something so you can cancel the endlag of the magnet.
Yeah, mainly used to Magnet Cancel to a jump or roll behind to maintain the momentum you already have while running. Only when the projectile or whatever is obvious of course.
Not good for an approach...

Top Bottom