• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas patch notes: 1.1.4 Edition

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
New patch just dropped, so do you guys notice anything different?

Right off the bat I can tell you he still can't short-hop auto-cancel any aerials, so we're off the a bad start. His aerial hitboxes also deal the same amount of damage, so it's likely they've gone untouched.

For reference:
Jab 1: 2.5% (2-4)
Jab 2: 2.0% (3-5)
Jab 3: 4.0% (4-6)
Dash attack: 9.0%/13.0% (15-16)
Forward tilt: 7.5%/11.0% (7-10)
Up tilt: 1.5% (4), 8.0% (7-10), 5.0% (11-14)
Down tilt: 3.0% (3-4)
Forward smash: 14.0%/15.0% (14-15)
Up smash: 2.0% (28), 19.0 (30-32), 18.0% (33-37), 16.0% (38-42), 14.0% (43-47), 12.0% (48-52)
Down smash: 17.0% (20-21), 14.0% (29-30), 11.0% (39-40)
Nair: 2.0% (7-23), 4.0% (26)
Fair: 9.0%/11.5% (9-10), 6.0%/11.5% (11), 11.5% (12)
Bair: 9.0%/12.0%/7.0 (15-20)
Up air: 13.0% (7-9)
Down air: 3.0% (10-12, 18-20, 26-28), 5.0% (34-36)

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could be home to test things, but alas. Work. Maybe stuff like hitbox locations and sizes got changed around a little, but we'll have to wait for the data miners to truly confirm anything of that nature.

Not looking very good at all this patch for momma's boy.

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
Was more hyped for patch note than playing mayobayo & corrin. Tried to not get my expectations up since but im still kinda sad tbh. Lets pray that this isnt the last update with changes..

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
With changes to fair and nair last patch i think we have a lot to work with until we're asking for any buffs anytime soon.

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
With changes to fair and nair last patch i think we have a lot to work with until we're asking for any buffs anytime soon.
Dont get me wrong, Patches have done a fair share for Lucas (no pun intended, but fair is much better now than in july) but he still got some problems which would be really sweet to have solved. Im still gonna stick solo Lucas even tho bayo and corrin got some cool options.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Dont get me wrong, Patches have done a fair share for Lucas (no pun intended, but fair is much better now than in july) but he still got some problems which would be really sweet to have solved. Im still gonna stick solo Lucas even tho bayo and corrin got some cool options.
I dont precisely agree, since we no longer need to risk a grab given sour fair > dtilt/grab works at lots of percents, but any buffs'd be sick

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
I honestly would've been really surprised if they changed anything (buffs or nerfs) about Lucas this patch. A month and a half is an egregiously short time between patches to be changing anything, barely giving any time for any worthwhile view of a character's position in the metagame (bar some extremely radical game breaking shift). Nor do I think this will be the last patch, because the addition of characters is addition of factors in the grand scheme, and if that is tweaked, Lucas is more than likely to receive some trickle down from it.

Being disgruntled with no patch changes is looking at it from a selfish point of view. Seriously. The entire gaming community sports this same attitude I really am not happy with having to see it here as well. I'm not saying to lose hope, but metagames are optimized through players, and that can take a goddamn long time with Sm4sh, which has so many radically different individual factors.

...whatever, I feel like I'm preaching this same sh*t to too many different places. Have fun wallowing.

ProtoMook

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mikeyoshi
I dont precisely agree, since we no longer need to risk a grab given sour fair > dtilt/grab works at lots of percents, but any buffs'd be sick
Why are you saying that like you couldn't do that before the buffs? The buffs hardly changed the character. He's still struggling in the meta.

JesterJaded

Smash Journeyman
You waited for buffs.

But nobody came.

Lucas is fine where he is relative to the rest of the cast.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Why are you saying that like you couldn't do that before the buffs? The buffs hardly changed the character. He's still struggling in the meta.
No, fairs landing lag is a lot safer so sour fair is a legit combo tool

And he only struggles in the meta because Lucas players keep trying to jab lock and lose momentum. Never jab lock, just focus on guaranteed damage.
Sour fair > Sweetspot fair is true from about 40% 110% on most/all characters. Sour fair > dash attack/dash grab/dtilt is also true at low to mid percents.

Lucas is a combo master, so focus on combos.

Last edited:

Meccs

@Meccs_
So a few 99%-just-placebo things ive noticed
Fair sweetspot has more disjoint
Dair's multihits connects better
Something about Uair feels different, but I'm not exactly sure what.
edit: after a bunch of matches... unless i magically got better at linking the first three hits of dair in my sleep, I think they fixed it??

Last edited:

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
Dair's multihits connects better
edit: after a bunch of matches... unless i magically got better at linking the first three hits of dair in my sleep, I think they fixed it??
What do you mean by "connects better" and "linking"? While rising? Falling? Travelling horizontally? Against a grounded opponent? It feels about the same to me.

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
Aside from the psychological damage of having Bayonetta and her taunt in the game now, yeah he's untouched.

Top Bottom