• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Patch 1.11 Changes

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Replays have been confirmed broken in today's patch, so that means Lucas may have changed! Let's use this thread to share our findings. :)

Frobro

Smash Rookie
It's seems his D-air has been fixed. I can get all hits to connect and properly spike the opponent.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Jab: 2%, 2%, 4%, 3rd hit kills 389%
Ftilt: Sour 7%, kills 403%. Sweet 11%, kills 210%
Dtilt: 3%, Sour does not kill. Sweet kills 934%
Utilt: 1st hit 1%, Sweet 8%, kills 159%
Fsmash: Sour 14%, kills 117%. Sweet 15%, kills 108%
Dsmash: 1st hit 17%, kills 96%. 2nd hit 14%, kills 135%, 3rd hit 11%, kills 192%
Usmash: First hit 2%, Main hit 19%, kills 90%.
Nair: 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 4%, Final hit kills 233%.
Fair: Sour 9%, kills 208%. Sweet 11%, kills 160%.
Dair: 3%, 4%, 3%, 5%. Final hit kills 372%.
Uair: 13%, kills 140%.
Bair: Sour 7%, kills 451%. Closest 9%, kills 234%. Sweet 12%, kills 156%.
PKF: 9%, kills 250%.
PKFr: Uncharged 9%. Fully charged 22%, kills 178%
PSIM: 8%, kills 169%.
PKT2: Explosion 8%, kills 141%. Body 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 1%, 2%, 1%, 2%, 1%, 10%, total 25%. Last hit kills 167%.
Pummel: 1.2%
Zair: Sour 2%, Sweet 4%
Uthrow: 10%, kills 144%
Bthrow: 10%, kills 171%
Fthrow: 10%, kills 200%
Dthrow: 6%, kills 327 =%
Jab: same
Ftilt: same
Dtilt: same
Utilt: same
Fsmash: same
Dsmash: same
Usmash: kills 88%?
Nair: same
Fair: same
Dair: same
Uair: same
Bair: same
PKF: same
PKFr: same
PSIM: same
Pummel: same
Zair: same
Uthrow: same
Bthrow: same
Fthrow: same
Dthrow: same
nothing. Usmash might've been my mistake. Also i forgot to test dash attack in 1.1.0.

Last edited:

Frobro

Smash Rookie
Really hope this is true!
Guy who went through the code and found differences says lucas is unchanged, but I am getting the move to function properly on low, mid and high percents. Other's have said they have experienced a change as well. Please go try and confirm it.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
As for Dair, the only time I could reliably connect all 4 hits is when I was standing inside the target at high % (80).
There might be a very minor hitbox radius increase because I think it's marginally easier to connect at high % (100+). You still have to position yourself right next to the target before Dairing.

IDK tho, I don't see any reason for them to open up his hitboxes and change em if its still hard to connect with all hits reliably. I think my test results for Dair were from the placebo effect.

Last edited:

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
Now that we have increased shieldstun, is nair safe on shield?
Well it's a blockstring on shield now so people can't 1-frame invincible up anymore. :)
But it's changed from 1.56->5.2 so 4 frames more blockstun might be enough.
F-air might be safer it has gone from 4.5 -> 9.39.
This change might give Lucas a huge buff. Sweetspot F-tilt, D-air and Up-air should be safe on shield now maybe giving a guaranteed shield poke?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Hihi. F-Air, F-Tilt, D-Tilt, Jab 1, N-Air/D-Air cross up and PK Fire/Z-Air are safe now. PK Fire and Z-Air had been safe before, obviously, but spacing is much less strict.

N-Air and D-Air cross ups can't be punished by the fastest standing OoS move (Upper Cutter) and can't be punished by things like Sheik's F-Air, Dash Attack, Dash Grab, etc.

Remember that Jab 1 comes out super fast so if you're facing the opponent after hitting a shield and they're trying to come in with a punish you can beat out a ton of things with it.

Also, we didn't test a couple moves -- U-Air, B-Air, Dash Attack, possibly one other I'm forgetting.

Last edited:

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Just went through Dantarion's dump of differences. Nothing important changed outside of the universal decrease in shield damage with his get-up attacks. His air dodge has one less frame of intangibility, but I think that's also universal, since a couple of the other characters I looked at had the same change.

I just want a better grab ;_;

http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/mastercore3/diff/144-to-160/lucas

For the people asking about dair, connecting with it has more to do about whether or not Lucas is moving than anything else. The two hitboxes active during the moves are basically sandwiching the opponent between a 270° angle (upper sour spot) and a 90° angle (lower sweet spot). If you don't "hover" the move in place the hitboxes don't connect, so you can't connect it while falling, rising from a jump at low percentages (this starts working a little later because the lower 90° hitboxes work on base knockback rather than fixed knockback like the upper 270° hitboxes) or moving side-to-side.

Last edited:

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
Hihi. F-Air, F-Tilt, D-Tilt, Jab 1, N-Air/D-Air cross up and PK Fire/Z-Air are safe now. PK Fire and Z-Air had been safe before, obviously, but spacing is much less strict.

N-Air and D-Air cross ups can't be punished by the fastest standing OoS move (Upper Cutter) and can't be punished by things like Sheik's F-Air, Dash Attack, Dash Grab, etc.

Remember that Jab 1 comes out super fast so if you're facing the opponent after hitting a shield and they're trying to come in with a punish you can beat out a ton of things with it.

Also, we didn't test a couple moves -- U-Air, B-Air, Dash Attack, possibly one other I'm forgetting.

I was able to grab Nair, Dair, and Dtilt.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Oh wait, D-Tilt may be incorrect. I'm pretty sure it was shield dropped instead of OoS grabbed.

I could get N-Air and D-Air to go by fine as long as it was a cross-up.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I think PKT was changed. In 1.1.0 the fastest possible PKT2 was about 50 degrees, as I recall. Now it's really shallow, like about 10 degrees. I SD'd twice in matches after updating.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
I think PKT was changed. In 1.1.0 the fastest possible PKT2 was about 50 degrees, as I recall. Now it's really shallow, like about 10 degrees. I SD'd twice in matches after updating.
Nahh. PKT2 didn't get changed. It's always been a very shallow trajectory when you do it as fast as possible.

Top Bottom