• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Noob (Sort of)

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
So I haven't been playing PM for too long, but I ended up playing Lucas without even expecting to go to him. I come here asking for just general Lucas advice and just general weaknesses and strengths of Lucas. Even if it's kinda obvious just put it out there. I've been watching videos of all the good Lucas' but I feel like the only way to really practice stuff is if someone tell me what to practice, so help me out!!!!

...Gooby pls

Jamwa

Smash Champion
practice shield pressure (fair + psi magnet)
practice wavedash out of magnet
practice dacus
practice wavebouncing/b-reversals
practice double jump cancels
learn the character as you learn these techs, tech skill is different to knowing your character (i.e. what combos into what, when you can crouch cancel, how to recover in certain matchups, how you can gimp, how to approach, how to escape shield pressure)

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
The biggest part of Lucas and getting on stage means using ledge invincibility, once you grab the ledge you are granted many options. Make sure to practice:

Ledgedashing: When you get off the ledge and wavedash back on stage with invincibility. There are many tutorials on how to do this on youtube if you aren't sure about how it's supposed to look.
Double Jump Cancel: In PM, after you jump from the ledge you are able to act immediately, this allows an easier form of Ledgedashing while also allowing you to DJC moves with invincibility. Practice jumping from the ledge and doing DJC Fair, Uair, and Magnet, if done correctly, the aerials will be right on the edge and Magnet should be on the ground.

Top Bottom