• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas' New Final Smash and customs discussion

Should Lucas get a New Final Smash

• Total voters

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
We still are yet to know about the following things.
Like if he still retains his Brawl Final Smash being PK Starstorm which is unique considering the change up to Ness.
And his Custom Moves have been left in the Dark.
Hopefully he gets Ness' moves seeing how Ness got his original moves :)

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Part of me says that PK Starstorm was changed because of the 3DS version.
That part is also the part that really wants something like PK Love.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
He should have arrows instead of stars, it wouldn't be stressful for the team and Lucas would finally have a PK/PSI Move that he can learn on his own game.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
He should have arrows instead of stars, it wouldn't be stressful for the team and Lucas would finally have a PK/PSI Move that he can learn on his own game.
Yeah. And that power to pull out the needles is PK Love.
So I just found out that Lucas' attacks that have those little Hexagon things are derived FROM PK Love.

Also, I would REALLY like for Lucas to have A Final Smash along the lines of him doing something (anything, can't think of anything atm) And his Mother and Brother to appear in the background (Like Palutena in Pit's Final Smash in Brawl) as he does the Final smash.

Something like this:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
So I just found out that Lucas' attacks that have those little Hexagon things are derived FROM PK Love.

Also, I would REALLY like for Lucas to have A Final Smash along the lines of him doing something (anything, can't think of anything atm) And his Mother and Brother to appear in the background (Like Palutena in Pit's Final Smash in Brawl) as he does the Final smash.

Something like this:
Or what about something involving the entire Mother 3 main party AND THEN IT'S TIME FOR A CHAIN ATTACK 16 HIT COMBO! AND THEY ALL BEAT THE CRUD OUTTA THE ENEMY AND THEN THE ENEMY GETS STUNNED AND THEN IT'S LIKE

SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH! (ya know like the critical hit effect in the games) AS THEY'RE HIT WITH A SUPER STRONG FINISHER MOVE AND THEY'RE LAUNCHED

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
I think I may have some ideas for customs and final smash.

Neutral 1: PK Blizzard - Slower, and can't move far to the side, but is powerful and freezes long. About 25-30 damage.
Neutral 2: PK Flash - Kinda how PK Flash works in Project M, except maybe less powerful than Ness' PK Flash? I dunno. 18-22 damage.

Side 1: PK Ember - Doesn't launch and is faster and spammable, sorta like fast fireball for Mario. 2-4 damage
Side 2: Lasting PK Fire - Like Ness'. Goes down diagonally in the air and ensnares people. 7-10 damage.

Up 1: Meteor PK Thunder - A slow moving, ball that, if you land, will meteor smash your target. Very good for recovering. PK Thunder 2 doesn't deal damage though. 9 damage.
Up 2: One Hit PK Thunder - Ness' PK Thunder. PK Thunder 2 hits once and is very powerful. PK1- 9 damage PK2-25 damage

Down 1: Lifeup - A Green pulse (like in 64) that heals Lucas about 4-5 damage per sec. Can't absorb projectiles and doesn't damage enemies.
Down 2: Closed PSI Magnet - A big pulse held close to Lucas instead of out in front of him. Heals more from absorbing projectiles and pushes enemies away. 2-4 damage.

The Final Smash would be the same as Ness' PK Starstorm, except that his stream is less powerful, but more wide.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I think I may have some ideas for customs and final smash.

Neutral 1: PK Blizzard - Slower, and can't move far to the side, but is powerful and freezes long. About 25-30 damage.
Neutral 2: PK Flash - Kinda how PK Flash works in Project M, except maybe less powerful than Ness' PK Flash? I dunno. 18-22 damage.

Side 1: PK Ember - Doesn't launch and is faster and spammable, sorta like fast fireball for Mario. 2-4 damage
Side 2: Lasting PK Fire - Like Ness'. Goes down diagonally in the air and ensnares people. 7-10 damage.

Up 1: Meteor PK Thunder - A slow moving, ball that, if you land, will meteor smash your target. Very good for recovering. PK Thunder 2 doesn't deal damage though. 9 damage.
Up 2: One Hit PK Thunder - Ness' PK Thunder. PK Thunder 2 hits once and is very powerful. PK1- 9 damage PK2-25 damage

Down 1: Lifeup - A Green pulse (like in 64) that heals Lucas about 4-5 damage per sec. Can't absorb projectiles and doesn't damage enemies.
Down 2: Closed PSI Magnet - A big pulse held close to Lucas instead of out in front of him. Heals more from absorbing projectiles and pushes enemies away. 2-4 damage.

The Final Smash would be the same as Ness' PK Starstorm, except that his stream is less powerful, but more wide.

Just my thoughts.
Up 1 sounds too good, even if it doesn't deal damage. An even better recovery, even though Lucas's was already longer than Ness's? It meteors. Like, just dang. That sounds great. It's not like you're going to be purposely using PKT2 to attack, most of the time, so...

Down 1 sounds just way too good. Healing like that, without any repercussion?

Hmm, I'd prefer them to not take Ness's customs and give Lucas a fresh set. Kinda like how Fox gets Falco's blaster, but it isn't the same vice versa for Falco, if I remember correcly.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
I voted for PK Love. But its probably going to be PK Star storm. If we are lucky, the PK Star storm would function the same like in brawl.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
The only custom I really want to see, and only under the assumption that the physics changes in 4 have changed the function from Brawl, is a PSI Magnet that gives Lucas aerial mobility. My favorite tactic with Lucas in Brawl was b reversing PSI Magnet and stalling/recovering with it. Such a versatile move.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I think Lucas's final smash will remain PK Starstorm. They may change the targeting slightly so that instead of angling like Ness's, it moves side to side while always firing straight down. (Recall how the angle of the meteors was the primary difference between the two in Brawl.) But I can't see them changing it to PK Love, honestly.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling the custom moves will more or less be the same as Ness'. Maybe the development team could have at least changed his default special moves since they are already a part of Ness' custom movesets?

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Ness' custom specials aren't quite Lucas', they're just cheap knockoffs, probably imported from outside of Eagleland. I remember how Lucas felt, and Ness' alternate specials, especially the PK Fire that pretends to be Lucas', just aren't it.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Ness' custom specials aren't quite Lucas', they're just cheap knockoffs, probably imported from outside of Eagleland. I remember how Lucas felt, and Ness' alternate specials, especially the PK Fire that pretends to be Lucas', just aren't it.
Eh, the magnet was pretty spot-on. I'll grant that Lasting PK Thunder and PK Fire Burst don't feel quite the same though.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I would like it to be something new and unique to Lucas, whether it be PK Love or Claus coming back from the dead as a zambie or whatever, but pretty sure it'll just be Brawl Starstorm, which I can live with.

eeeee Lucas is back guise

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I would like it to be something new and unique to Lucas, whether it be PK Love or Claus coming back from the dead as a zambie or whatever, but pretty sure it'll just be Brawl Starstorm, which I can live with.

eeeee Lucas is back guise
If he is given starstorm, it better be from brawl. It should not be the same as Ness' in this game so lucas isn't just a copy that's faster but weaker

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I personally wanted PK Ground as a final smash.

Hey, it would work. Landing on the stage = almost instant death.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I personally wanted PK Ground as a final smash.

Hey, it would work. Landing on the stage = almost instant death.
Hey, that's a really good idea. I didn't even think of that!

If he is given starstorm, it better be from brawl. It should not be the same as Ness' in this game so lucas isn't just a copy that's faster but weaker
While I do agree with you on the fact that Lucas shouldn't have the exact same Final Smash as Ness, he is in no way a copy of Ness!

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Part of me says that PK Starstorm was changed because of the 3DS version.
That part is also the part that really wants something like PK Love.
his up smash is pk love

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
While I do agree with you on the fact that Lucas shouldn't have the exact same Final Smash as Ness, he is in no way a copy of Ness!
Yea... But for a few things why he's the same...
1)PK Fire
2)Stick/Bat
3)PK Thunder
4)Down B move
I want to say PK Freeze, but I won't since Ness Cannot use PK Freeze unless activated as a custom move over PK Flash. Lucas' stick is the same as Ness' bat, but changed to a stick. Lucas' PK Thunder is the same as Ness' but does not disappear when it has hit an opponent. And do I need to explain PK Fire and his Down B Move?

Drippy

Smash Ace
Yea... But for a few things why he's the same...
1)PK Fire
2)Stick/Bat
3)PK Thunder
4)Down B move
I want to say PK Freeze, but I won't since Ness Cannot use PK Freeze unless activated as a custom move over PK Flash. Lucas' stick is the same as Ness' bat, but changed to a stick. Lucas' PK Thunder is the same as Ness' but does not disappear when it has hit an opponent. And do I need to explain PK Fire and his Down B Move?
I think just the fact that all of his special moves work differently is just enough to not call him a straight up copy of Ness though. Same name =/= same move and I thought the stick came out faster than the bat?

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I think just the fact that all of his special moves work differently is just enough to not call him a straight up copy of Ness though. Same name =/= same move and I thought the stick came out faster than the bat?
Without charge, both the Brawl Bat and Stick did 18%, fully charged they do 24% and 21% respectively. Projectiles reflected by the Stick are faster and weaker than the ones reflected by the bat. I don't know if one of the animations is faster than the other. And also Lucas' PK Thunder is weaker.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Y'know what his Final Smash should be?
Summon a Drago to go ape on the enemies.
You know you want it.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Y'know what his Final Smash should be?
Summon a Drago to go ape on the enemies.
You know you want it.
NO. Starstorm or PK Love. However that sounds awesome since that does happen in chapter 3 in mother 3

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Without charge, both the Brawl Bat and Stick did 18%, fully charged they do 24% and 21% respectively. Projectiles reflected by the Stick are faster and weaker than the ones reflected by the bat. I don't know if one of the animations is faster than the other. And also Lucas' PK Thunder is weaker.
Yeah I assumed his PK Thunder would be weaker, it wouldn't make sense if it was as strong as Ness's PK Thunder. On the other hand logically the stick would come out faster but logically a stick wouldn't be sending back a huge energy blast as well I suppose but it'd be nice if it came out faster to further differentiate the characters.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'm hoping since they took the time to bring him back and (probably) update him, then his Final Smash will be included in this. Something is telling me it will be changed, or at least altered somehow given how they bothered to change how Ness' FS works.

Here's to hoping for PSI Love though.

Speculator

Smash Ace
PK Love is already imbued in most of his attacks, that's what the little hexagons are. I'd like a new Final Smash, ideally something involving the other Mother 3 party members, but realistically it'll be Brawl-style PK Starstorm.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd like to see a reworked PK Starstorm.

Sorry PK Ground fans.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I'm ok with classic Starstorm but what I'd ideally love is either PK Ground or something like him pulling a needle which will cause the stage to shake. Characters in the air will be hit with a meteor effect and those on the ground will trip/be grounded. Probably would need to have a fairly small range though so as to prevent it from being OP.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I can see his Starstorm coming back from Brawl and I wouldn't mind it honestly. However I'd definitely prefer something new.

As for custom moves, yeah he should get Ness' so it's fair haha.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about custom moves, if they apply similar themes as Ness's ...

PK Fire:
-A down-angled in air PK Fire that detonates like Lucas's, and has a slight up and back lift on the character.
-A slower, shorter range PK Fire with greater knockback.

PK Freeze:
-A rising PK Freeze that travels rapidly straight up.
-A weaker PK Flash that moves like Lucas's PK Freeze.

I wasn't able to see any differences in PK Thunder and Magnet, so it's hard for me to guess on those. And, of course, they could just throw in wildcards and not follow a pattern. Who knows? Maybe a PK Ground custom for freeze?

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Thinking about custom moves, if they apply similar themes as Ness's ...

PK Fire:
-A down-angled in air PK Fire that detonates like Lucas's, and has a slight up and back lift on the character.
-A slower, shorter range PK Fire with greater knockback.

PK Freeze:
-A rising PK Freeze that travels rapidly straight up.
-A weaker PK Flash that moves like Lucas's PK Freeze.

I wasn't able to see any differences in PK Thunder and Magnet, so it's hard for me to guess on those. And, of course, they could just throw in wildcards and not follow a pattern. Who knows? Maybe a PK Ground custom for freeze?
Good Idea. This is one example we need to start thinking of now. Lucas' custom moves.

Top Bottom