• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas? ness?

Veng

Smash Ace
Can anyone explain which one has more potential, like which ones better?

Because honestly I cant tell a difference

Also ive just recently started to like ness, hes really fun, but is he ( or lucas ) really that great? .

You can't tell the difference between Ness and Lucas? WTF.
PK Thunder:
Ness' is a stronger one hit.
Lucas' is a weaker one that goes through them and can hit multiple times.

PK Fire:
Ness' does several hits with little knockback, and while it's not going to hapen often verus decent players, it's possible to trap them to skyrocket damage, or have the chance to get a charged smash in.
Lucas' is a one hit with a decent amount of knockback.

PK Flash/Freeze
Ness' PK Flash is slower, but I believe(not certain) that it does alot more damage and knockback.
Lucas' PK Freeze moves alot faster(or at least seems to), and can freeze the enemy.

PK Magnet
Ness' covers his whole body, and pushes things nearby away a little when it ends.
Lucas' comes out from his finger in front of him. Not sure if it has any knockback.

Lucas uses a stick instead of a bat.

Lucas has a snake.

Lucas' smash attacks seem to have more start up lag.

I personaly thing Ness' air game is overall better than Lucas', but not sure why I think that.

I'll let more experience people finish any other differences.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Let me correct that.

Ness's PK Thunder is weaker, but has a stronger PKT2(where you hit yourself with the PKT to attack). Ness's is faster, but Lucas's has a lower turn radius.

Ness's PK Flash does move slower, but it comes out a LOT quicker than PK Flash, while Lucas's PK Flash has little lag either starting or ending, but it's harder to aim, and doesn't do as much damage.

The PSI Magnet(not PK Magnet) does the exact same thing for both Ness and Lucas, but Lucas's recovers more and does damage to an enemy if you end it while they're inside the animation.

Lucas's f-smash is faster than Ness's but less powerful, I'm not sure about the range.

Lucas's grab is longer than Ness's, but has lag afterwards if it misses.

Lucas's smash attacks vary in length, I'm not going indept. Let's just say Upsmash has a lot more lag then Ness's and F-smash has a lot less.

Ness's air game is way better than Lucas's in every way. Get ruined.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I would like to say some things.

Lucas F-smash with the stick kills and is faster and it has longer range than Ness' bat. Lucas' stick is very deadly and better than Ness' bat.

I do find Ness' air game is much better, the bair is very useful in killing people. Lucas' air moves can hit you a lot and do lots of damage if they hit you, but has less priority I think and he doesn't have any kill moves in the air like Ness does except upair, which Ness also has as well.

Ness PK fire I find much more useful than Lucas PK Fire (Lucas PK fire can only kill at very high percentages), I keep abusing the same PK Fire to Fsmash and it totally dominates online team matches. Most people online keep falling for the same thing over again.

Just remember when you use Ness PK fire on anyone, especially when fighting agianst Lucas or Fox or Falco or some other reflect/absorb people. Only do so when they're in the middle of an attack or you think you can catch them off guard. It's harder to do some on fast characters like Fox/Falco/Wolf but with Lucas, if he fails to hit with an upsmash or downsmash you can PK Fire him then get a chance to do an Fsmash on him.

The yoyo, when they go up you can damage them even more with a quick PL Flash too since it sends them straight up, but in my experience the PK fire to F-smash is more reliable than yoyo to PK Flash. I haven't tried the up yoyo to PK Flash yet, but I have to try some time.

If you want to use Ness, learn to use ForwardA a lot (not too much otherwise it'd diminish in damage and knockback), it's Ness most standard move and it's very good. Lots of priority, it sends them up and you can do an up yoyo or PK Flash on them.

Levitas

the moon
Careful there, Lucas's PK fire is definately at the core of his game, and he is really good. It's almost certainly better Ness's. And Ness's fsmash is longer range than Lucas's

I'd like to add that Ness is decidedly good against large characters for some reason. I just can't get over the fact that his recovery managed to get worse from melee to brawl. Seriously.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow I didn't know Lucas stick has a short range than Ness bat. I always thought it was the other way around.

I most of the time don't have too much trouble with Ness' recovery because everyone is more floatier than general. We need to at least be thankful it isn't as bad as someone else like Ike's where if you accidently do an Aether when you tried to do a Quickdraw you die.

But yes I love using Ness against big opponents like King Dedede, PK fire catches them so easily then I just walk up and Fsmash them with ease.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever worry about using Ness's fair. At maximum depreciation, it is still, by far, his most useful approach, perhaps even MORE useful due to the smaller knockback, which'll let you combo people better with it.

Top Bottom