• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas is Speedy

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
http://topicscollector.blog55.fc2.com/blog-entry-2815.html

So, how can anybody claim he's a Ness clone now? Exploding PK Fire, PK Freeze that moves faster than a metroid, etc etc.

And I was right! PK Thunder keeps you perfectly suspended in the air, rather than letting you drop like Ness. His A attacks and jumps look pretty sweet, I'm in awe that his second jump took him up from the bottom magnifier into recovery range.

Your thoughts on this?

Zek

Smash Ace
PK Freeze looks ridiculous. Lucas looks pretty awesome, though it's hard to say how good he'll actually be from any video. I don't see how they can leave Ness his old specials now though, they would be an embarassment.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Wow, he looks a *lot* better than I expected. Just wondering how good Ness will be in comparison now. I was particularly amazed at the speed and control he had over PK Freeze against Melee's PK Flash. It was just incredible... o.o

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
PK Fire looks like garbage and when he hits himself into peach with PK Thunder the second time in that video he only deals TEN% garbage...pk thunder is also slower

it does have less lag and can make sharper turns tho

but i cant get over pk fire being stupid

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
PK Fire looks like garbage and when he hits himself into peach with PK Thunder the second time in that video he only deals TEN% garbage...pk thunder is also slower

it does have less lag and can make sharper turns tho

but i cant get over pk fire being stupid

Eh? It looked like it did 20% dmg to me...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Simna! How could you say such things? I would have thought you'd jumped for joy after seeing how awesome his PK thunder is! Look at that sharp turn...the range it gets when he blasts himself...*froths*

Also, you probably missed it, but Lucas's PK thunder 2 hits multiple times and does more damage at close range. The first time he hit Peach, he nailed her for about 20% damage and hit twice. The second time, he only hit her once and did about 10%. At closer range, I'm sure this move will do a lot more damage. It seems to have knockback either way.

As for PK fire, I don't see how it's stupid at all. It deals about 9% when it hits, and that's more than Ness will deal most of the time thanks to the fact that PK Fire (Ness) is easy to DI out of. Most of the time, Ness will struggle to deal 4% out of a PK fire. The only good point about that move was that it stuffed people over the edge and allowed for Ness to try some combos (which didn't work about 60% of the time)

Look how much faster Lucas's PK fire goes! It's wonderful. Just wonderful.

Some observations though:

Lucas's up smash is incredibly slow. I mean SLOW. Like IKE level slow. Check out that part where he hits Kirby with it. He must have been truly psychic if he predicted Kirby would be hit by that. The lag at the end of the attack is also tremendous. I doubt this move will be used much in competitive play.

Downsmash looks great for edgeguarding though.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
So far it looks very spammable. There's hardly any startup time and only minimal lag, plus a neat little pushback to make it harder to punish. It seems to offer decent stun when it hits, though, but only 8% damage.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Well, I prefer effectiveness to damage. Same for PK Thunder, I'd rather have it go far than make it short and strong.

I just hope I find a good use for his UpSmash, seems to good to allow some lag get in his way... but that's something I'll actually have to play with, not something I can really plan. :/

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Upsmash seems iffy. It's a possibility it has super armor, but aside from that, it's just too slow. Especially since characters can air dodge multiple times.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Now that's a thought, but characters will probably be able to break out of the freeze before they fall within range. And this attack's main perk is it's KO power after all, (you can't launch them normally if they're frozen)

S2

Smash Lord
Now that's a thought, but characters will probably be able to break out of the freeze before they fall within range. And this attack's main perk is it's KO power after all, (you can't launch them normally if they're frozen)

I'm guessing that the freezes main use will be some tactic where you send it out quickly to hit characters who are off the edge and trying to recover.

We'll have to see.

If anything, the fact that its fast will make it much better than PK Flash in Melee. That move was useless because it wasn't practical for any situation except melees with bad players.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yeah, I doubt it even needs to be that specific. PK freeze looks safe and awesome. I'll bet it'll be great as a follow-up attack during aerial combos.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
If anything, the fact that its fast will make it much better than PK Flash in Melee. That move was useless because it wasn't practical for any situation except melees with bad players.
i'd just like to say that's untrue, it is great for certain edgeguarding situations, and has helped me out in tournaments before.

But as for the topic of the thread, i guess this means Ness will still be a slow and powerful character with a beastly baseball bat huh? (to prevent the similarity with Lucas)

Levitas

the moon
Nessbounder, how cool would it be if PK fire cancelled upon landing? It'd be like a Lucas Shl, sort of.

I want Ness to be beastly. That is my wish.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Yes... it's just a thought. The thing is, 3 things could happen, they unfreeze before hit with USmash, they are hit with USmash, or I miss. It's something I really have to play with before I know how to apply it.

Top Bottom