• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas History

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I decided to post Lucas' history with the least spoilers as possible. I see alot of people fustrated at Lucas for replacing Ness, well maybe this will help?

Highlights-
Lucas is the main character of Mother 3, while you do not only play as Lucas most of the story includes him and the final battle is a one on one Lucas VS. ??? , Possibly one of the saddest, gutwrenching RPGs I ever have played. He has a personality in the game but I don't remember him ever talking....At first he's a timid crybaby, then braving up to lash back at the Pig Army later in the game. Lucas moves are mostly support, he'd be the white mage of a FF game. Quite a few characters die in the story which is a stark contrast to its cute lovable graphics. This story is incredibly deep, especcially compared to the happy go lucky mother 2. And finally boasting one of the largest and best soundtracks ever to grace an rpg.

Story Beginning-
Lucas is part of a big healthy family, Flint his hardworking dad, Hinawa his loving mom, Claus his rascally brother, Alec his grandfather, Boney his faithful dog. Together they live in a small town in the woods, very earthly with cabins, full of people each with their own personality/story and characteristics, a friendly family of dinosaurs in their backyard called Dracos and life is pretty good. That is until the Pig army arrives, setting off bombs, setting the forest on fire and putting some of the inhabitants in great danger. They start chimerizing the animals, combining them, some they turn into robots or cyborgs....For what?
For the grand master of the Pig Army!....Who is a returning character from Mother 2! In all this mayhem a member of Lucas' family is killed, by their once friend, Draco ( the dinosaur )
Lucas and Claus are recovered by the towns people as everyone works together to make sure everyone is safe. Flint busy trying to save Lighter from a burning house finds the villagers just intime to hear Draco has killed one of his family. The news of this is not well recieved and well lets just say you'll be playing as while, as Flint goes to avenge the murder, and Claus goes missing.

Ending-
In the later half in the game the once peaceful town is slowly corrupted into a LARGE city, the inhabitants becomming more selfish, as they allow the Pig Army to change the village into you know whos personal image. To fix all this Lucas has been on a quest to remove the needles in the earth that keep the sleeping dragon awake, which will either destroy the earth, or cleanse it depending on the heart of the person who removes all the needles. Lucas braves up throughout the game taking on the Pig Army and its loyal followers, while Flint and him search for Claus and revealing the true history of the Mother world and whats happned since the days of Ness. At the very end Lucas pulls the last needle, and....oh no...

Main Characters ( Taken from Starmen.net )

Flint
The gentle and strong father of Lucas and Claus. He loves his wife, Hinawa, very much. Fights with a 2x4 and upgrade attack abilities

Hinawa
The loving mother of Lucas and Claus.

Lucas
The gentle twin of Claus. He's somewhat of a crybaby with a lot of growing up to do.
Fights with a piece of lumber, but will use a bat, and yoyo aswell.

Claus
The energetic twin of Lucas. He's also more courageous than his twin.

Alec
Grandfather of the twins and father of Hinawa.

Boney
The courageous pet dog of Flint and his family.

Duster
A thief who sets out on adventures of his own and also joins your party at various points. Lacks in PSI but has many many tools like the staple gun or ROPESNAKE a character/tool throught the adventure.

Kumatora
A tomboyish and somewhat rude princess who joins your party at various points has the most offensive PSI moves like Starstorm and kungfu grip, much like Poo used to be.

Wess
Duster's father. He's a thief who taught Duster all he knows.

Salsa
An abused monkey forced to do the bidding of the sinister Yokuba.

Yokuba
A two-faced man who's in cahoots with the Pig Army. He acts polite when he's around people.

Lucas' Moveset

PK LOVE
Does a ton of damage, a special skill only usable by Lucas in the whole Mother World, this move is like Ness' PK Rockin' Learned in story events.

PK FLASH
Does crazy status effects like confusion, making the enemy feel strange, uncontrollable crying and even instant death, but no damage. Learned after story events.

PSI Shield
Reduces physical damage by 50%

PSI Counter
Reflects 50% physical damage to the enemy

PSI PK Shield
Reduces PK damage by 50%

PSI PK Counter
Reflects 50% of PK damage to enemy

Offense Up
Defense Up
Life Up
PSI Refresh
PSI Healing

Gameplay-
You know how you'd get bored hitting "attack attack attack" in a turned baed RPG? Not so with Mother 3!! You hit the buttons to the music for combos, and I think there are over 40 diffrent battle songs for bosses and enemies!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RFzpuIM43vs

I hope this can answer alot of questions and throw a little love to Lucas even if he might be a replacement. I used to play as Ness as well, but Lucas is a much deeper and well thought out character. Although I'll play as Ness if he's back personally i will perfer Lucas with all the history and story I experienced in Mother 3.

http://speedking.deviantart.com
http://8bitmaximo.com

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pk Yaoi, what kind of sick version of Mother 3 are you playing?

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Yaoi only means "a boys love" from what I understand, which i guess is just used as slang for anime butt ****ing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The version of Mother 3 I have says PK LOVE, exactly like that

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
The version of Mother 3 I have says PK LOVE, exactly like that
Uh...you can rename the skill to whatever you want, but it should be in japanese gibberish if your playing a straight rom port.

Regardless it dosn't matter, Call it PK LOVE, thats what I renamed it anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uh...you can rename the skill to whatever you want, but it should be in japanese gibberish if your playing a straight rom port.
It clearly is in English letters, all capitol as PK LOVE

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Yup, which makes Claus a possible clone or outfit. I'm not terribly keen on clones so I'd rather it just be another outfit but with the 'Lucas' name changed in the menus to 'Claus'.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Wow, Maximo. Way to figure out how to up your post count.

Shut the hell up unless you know 100% what you're talking about, and experienced it firsthand, not think "olol i ned 2 up mah postcount oikno il post lucas histry frum wikipda lawl." You really seem like you're just lying that you played it, because judging from the replys, you put PK Yaoi, when the default option for PK [X] is LOVE. all in english capitals. And if you played it, you should know Claus can use PSI. And again, if you played, you should know who the characters are except names, and should be able to describe them in your own words. And Wes and Salsa have almost nothing to do with Lucas from what I know. AND there aren't 40 battle songs. There's quite a few, but I'm pretty sure that there are not 40 unique songs. The list goes on and on...

IvanEva

Smash Ace
What the hell are you talking about? Do you even know what Claus can do? PK Love is the only similarity they share.
Being twins I'm sure that they share more than that. His fancy lightning powers seemed to come from his wand thingy so I doubt that there is anything one can do that the other can't. They'd make perfect clones to each other. While yes, in the game Claus doesn't really (if I recall correctly) use most of the powers that Lucas uses, at the same time Lucas can't exactly claim ownership to PK fire/thunder/freeze.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Being twins I'm sure that they share more than that. His fancy lightning powers seemed to come from his wand thingy so I doubt that there is anything one can do that the other can't. They'd make perfect clones to each other. While yes, in the game Claus doesn't really (if I recall correctly) use most of the powers that Lucas uses, at the same time Lucas can't exactly claim ownership to PK fire/thunder/freeze.
Oh my God! You're saying the Masked Man would be clone of Lucas? I can't believe what I'm hearing.

scormac

Smash Rookie
i think it will be just an alternate color

hair changed brown and shirt with green stripes

but i hope masked man wil be a character :D would be overpowered tho with good pk atacks and his laser sword thing

scormac

Smash Rookie

euh yeah orange xD my fault

and the green is bleu or something :p, look it yourself

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
i never played mother 3 but from what i saw and read it looks really cool i like the music aspect of the game

thefindingmoon

Smash Cadet
Even though Lucas is in he shouldn't replace Ness I hope lucas dies in brawl and Ness comes out of nowhere to save the day : ) maybe Sakuri is lying when he says ness is not in he lied to us about the day smash bros was coming out. : ) (no i am not bashing Sakuri)(at least not intintionally)

vesperview

Smash Hero
Even though Lucas is in he shouldn't replace Ness I hope lucas dies in brawl and Ness comes out of nowhere to save the day : ) maybe Sakuri is lying when he says ness is not in he lied to us about the day smash bros was coming out. : ) (no i am not bashing Sakuri)(at least not intintionally)
Oh please, Ness is gone, don't turn this thread into a "Will Lucas replace Ness" thread, okay? Thanks.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Yup, which makes Claus a possible clone or outfit. I'm not terribly keen on clones so I'd rather it just be another outfit but with the 'Lucas' name changed in the menus to 'Claus'.
Claus' form before he dies could be an alt costume for Lucas but the Masked Man version of Claus could..ney should be an completely different character.

Top Bottom