• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Grab Release Shenanigans are back from Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
If you grab Lucas and pummel him until he grab releases, then do ftilt, dsmash, fsmash etc, it will show on combo counter (both 3ds and wii u) as a true combo.

I tried this on other characters, and doesn't show as a true combo on any of them, not even the other DLC characters

How interesting....o3o

Zionaze

Smash Ace
I feel like sakurai literaly ripped the lucas model from brawl. Wario had a grab release problem before too.

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
it's a false combo,you can get the same results on any character if you grab release them off the ledge and follow up mid-air.It's considered a "true combo" but people can escape.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
How disappointing~ Thought Sakurai had forgotten how to balance again.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Basically, the combo counter in training mode can show things as true combos even though they aren't. I remember in patch 1.06 that I got D-Tilt to U-Smash registering as a true combo. Well, now that this has been answered I'm locking the thread. This also gives me an idea though for a thread we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom