• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Combos?

Tony Ray

Smash Rookie
Anybody know any really good lucas combos? I searched on the forum and couldnt really find any. One combo that I always try is d-throw> uptilt. Anybody else know any good, basic combos that I should try to incorporate into my gameplay? Thanks in advance. Also if theres another combo thread I'm sorry.

Leololer

Smash Rookie
NNID
ldeloler
3DS FC
3566-2089-7677
A pretty basic and easy bread and butter I use is Dthrow > Nair > Uair/Fair at low %.

At mid % you can use Dthrow > Dair, because at those percents you can only link one aerial and Dair is the one that deals the most damage of them all (15% if you land the 4 hits) and at high % you can go for Dthrow > Uair which is a kill setup, but it stops working around 120% or 100% with rage, so be carefull. Also, FYI, normally around 125 or 130 % your Uthrow kills.

You can also use Nair OoS in the neutral to punish things like slow tilts or unsafe aerials, and out of a Nair, at low percents, you can link various Nairs into a Fair to finish or you can go Nair > Utilt and then chase and follow up accordingly.

JesterJaded

Smash Journeyman
D-throw > Nair > footstool > Magnet momentum cancel > FF F-air jablock is deadly, as is SH Fair > jablock > Usmash. There's also zair > grab and D-tilt > grab, though I'm not certain about the latter.

Pauleke

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pauleke
A pretty basic and easy bread and butter I use is Dthrow > Nair > Uair/Fair at low %.

At mid % you can use Dthrow > Dair, because at those percents you can only link one aerial and Dair is the one that deals the most damage of them all (15% if you land the 4 hits) and at high % you can go for Dthrow > Uair which is a kill setup, but it stops working around 120% or 100% with rage, so be carefull. Also, FYI, normally around 125 or 130 % your Uthrow kills.

You can also use Nair OoS in the neutral to punish things like slow tilts or unsafe aerials, and out of a Nair, at low percents, you can link various Nairs into a Fair to finish or you can go Nair > Utilt and then chase and follow up accordingly.
Aerials can combo again at higher percentages if you double jump quickly. Right when DThrow->Uair stops working, DThrow->Double Jump->Uair starts getting into kill territory.

JesterJaded

Smash Journeyman
It's really good but only the sourspot combo's, that said d-tilt is low risk high reward now. PP d-tilt is extremely good. Also can combo into jab and Up-tilt.
I'll definitely practice this. Now if we had some decent approach and safe-on-shield options, we can rely less on reads / punishes to get these combos off.

Do you know if Zair is safe on shield? Could we Zair > Sour D-tilt > grab?

Also, where is the sourspot hitbox on D-tilt?

Last edited:

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
I'll definitely practice this. Now if we had some decent approach and safe-on-shield options, we can rely less on reads / punishes to get these combos off.

Do you know if Zair is safe on shield? Could we Zair > Sour D-tilt > grab?

Also, where is the sourspot hitbox on D-tilt?
IIRC the late hitbox on Z-air is safe. The sourspot on D-tilt is anywhere except the tip that also jab-locks.

Ecchin

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʟɴᴜᴛᴛ
NNID
Generic_Panic
I found a true combo with Lucas in training mode (idk if this combo was discovered but i post it)

FF N-Air > UTilt

PK_Lunar_π_03

Smash Cadet
If you can't get the Grab at high % and can't kill you can do DTilt + UpTilt at 150+ if u can't get that kill

Zeepington

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeeper
Grab
V
D-Throw || F-Throw
V - - - - - - - - - - - - V
Any Airs - - - Fair || Nair || Dair
V - - - - - - - V
Repeat until high %

Last edited:

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I posted a video thread a while ago about all the followups Lucas can get out of zair. Check it out!

He can also get zair to zair, but he's too high on the second one for it to combo into anything else; at least not a true combo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom