• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Combo Thread

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Actual combos and good setups go here. Before you get all antsy and say that there's no combos in brawl, much of what I've posted registers in training mode as a 2-hit combo.

Throw Combos
Down-throw to N-air (or F-Air if they DI in front) combos effectively from 0% to slightly below 20%.
Down-throw to U-air combos on and off into the 50% range with no DI.
Down-throw to U-tilt combos at low percents. (thanks __Crazy__)
Down-throw to U-air, fastfall onto a platform to F-smash or F-tilt at 5-20% approx. (tested on Wolf, semi-combo).

Grounded Opponent Combos
If you land with your U-air and cancel it during the hit-box you can combo into an immediate F-air as low as 20% or so (tested on Sonic) and a N-air as well. U-air, N-air, Stutter-Step Stick or F-tilt for a gimp, though this doesn't combo 100%, it will hit almost every time. I'd like to do more testing with u-air combos to see what cool stuff we can do and if it can lead to solid KOs, but for now this is just a lil flashy something.
F-air to F-tilt or AAA combo at very low percents. (Semi-combo only, but a good safe setup)
N-air to any Tilt (or AAA combo ~Techno) is effective on grounded opponents. (Thanks Jihnsus)

Tech Chases
Back-Air Spike to Tech-Chased PK Fire before you land. Credit: Jihnsus
Up-Smash is an extremely effective tech-chase on platforms, because it hits almost all of a battlefield-sized platform. (tested vs. Wolf, you have to pick a side, but it will hit 2/3 spots depending on which direction you're facing. If you are actually standing on the platform, it's inescapable)
Post em up and I'll edit the first post.
PK Fire can tech-chase itself if opponents don't jump or dodge in time to avoid teching.

vs. Slow People
These combos can be effective vs. characters like Ganondorf, Bowser, DeDeDe, Captain Falcon, and Ike, because they don't have a quick retaliatory aerial attack to break out of them. Keep in mind that in many cases they can still be dodged through and jumped out of effectively, but that's only if they know what's coming :). Of course you can pull these off against unsuspecting faster characters as well.

U-Tilt to U-Smash (thanks HRP)
U-Tilt to N-air to Tilt (thanks Leviatas)
U-Tilt to U-Tilt, and if they dodge just u-tilt again, haha!
U-Tilt to U-air or F-air if you like

U-air can semi-juggle characters with a low priority or very slow down-air; just pop them up, chase them and interrupt their fall with a well-placed U-air. I've gotten 5 in a row on a scrubby Ike :) If they start to pull it out early, you can just wait for them to land.

Glossary
Code:
[B]Stutter-Step[/B] - You can step forward slightly before f-smashing by smashing forward a moment before you press A.  Also possible with the C-stick and out of a dash-dance.
[COLOR="Orange"]Ground attacks in Orange[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"]Specials in Plum[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Aerials in Deep Sky Blue[/COLOR]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"]Throws in Lemon[/COLOR]

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Neutral air to any tilt on grounded opponents seems to always work.

If you spike with a backair you can techchase with a PK Fire before you land.

I like how you have the first post set up, nicely done.

Manu

Smash Cadet
Dair about the opponent and land after the attack is over into Uptilt
Same combo as the nair but works better directly above, harder to land but can rack up more damage. If they are low damage you can follow with pretty much anything from nair to PKT or uair.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Dair about the opponent and land after the attack is over into Uptilt
Same combo as the nair but works better directly above, harder to land but can rack up more damage. If they are low damage you can follow with pretty much anything from nair to PKT or uair.
You'd have to start the downair fairly high in the air so you don't suffer from the terrible lag, and at that point (unless you're pulling them down with you,) they can just shield or retaliate.

EDIT: No need to credit me for the neutral air to tilt combo, it's somewhat common Lucas knowledge.

HRP

Smash Rookie
Nair to Utilt to Usmash

I manage to pull this off on occasion.

Levitas

the moon
HRP, that's not a combo. A combo is a set of linked moves that keep the opponent in hitstun the during the entire process.

That said, I'm a huge fan of the utilt to nair to tilt, but it isn't a combo. If the opponent has a fast move, they'll hit you out of it.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
wow this is a pretty n00b question... what is tech chasing?

and you can do dash attack -> f-air
you can do dair -> dair -> dair+++++ if you do it right. start next to em and use it as soon as you jump. the first hit will bring them up with you then the rest of the dair hits them and the last one smashes them into the ground. then you do it again. :) it is a LOT easier on bigger opponents like Bowser or DK.

and in the tech chases category you put pk fire in orange print instead of purple. just thought i'd point that out... i am a bit of a perfectionist... hehehe...

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
A fun way to gimp characters trying to sweetspot is to edgehog and then drop off and backair spike them, since it has enough range to reach all the way out there.

Top Bottom