• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas: Buffs and Nerfs

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
guess i'll have to look again. ahh k, now I see.
how does everyone think Lucas's psi magnet will compare with ness's? I wonder if it'll be the same as ness's alternate psi magnet.... that he took from lucas ....... akward.....:estatic:
Going off of Brawl,
I always felt that Lucas' Magnet was immensely better than Ness'. It may have lacked backwards protection, but the hitbox from the end of it was very nice, and that KB... Hoo. Good stuff.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong but, wasn't the % recovered from an absorbed projectile from Lucas' Magnet more than Ness'?

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Going off of Brawl,
I always felt that Lucas' Magnet was immensely better than Ness'. It may have lacked backwards protection, but the hitbox from the end of it was very nice, and that KB... Hoo. Good stuff.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong but, wasn't the % recovered from an absorbed projectile from Lucas' Magnet more than Ness'?
Actually Lucas's PSI Magnet DID protect his behind, he'd automatically turn to face shots from the rear.
So with the added range and damage from putting it away, his magnet was blatantly superior to Ness 0_0.

Edit: And it recovered more health too.

Last edited:

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
So Rope Snake now has a longer tether range(and hopefully no hurtbox), Dthrow now combos into something other than Utilt, and it looks as if Nair is more reliable in terms of getting all the hits off(let's hope it still does 17% if all hits connect, like it did in Brawl).

I like where they're taking Lucas.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Dair was a multi hit move, and a meteor smash...so that means that either the meteor smash hitbox has been removed or the move itself has more startup lag.
Probably the latter.
And it will behave like all other multihit moves in Smash 4.

D-Smash is most likely the same as Brawl; it's awesome, perhaps it has faster start up like Mewtwo's (its so wierd just accepting that Mewtwo is in smash, as DLC no less!)

Dash attack is important too. That move had notorious start up lag in Brawl, so if it's been sped up, then yay.
Probably has, so pre-emptive yay.

Also, take into consideration that Lucas might be heavier/lighter and will definitely fall faster, so that's something that will hit us immediately.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I feel like Dair will be an extremely viable option in the Smash 4 engine. With the lack of SDI, linking all of the hits reliably will be far easier than it was in Brawl and setting up jab locks and spikes with it will be a cinch, given that the move retains its meteor. Likewise with Nair, lack of SDI will benefit it greatly as well.

Aside from the minor buffs throughout his moveset, the engine of the game alone will heavily improve Lucas. I'm putting my money on mid to high tier because of all the tools he has from Brawl without the huge hindrances such as grab release shenanigans.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I feel like Dair will be an extremely viable option in the Smash 4 engine. With the lack of SDI, linking all of the hits reliably will be far easier than it was in Brawl and setting up jab locks and spikes with it will be a cinch, given that the move retains its meteor. Likewise with Nair, lack of SDI will benefit it greatly as well.

Aside from the minor buffs throughout his moveset, the engine of the game alone will heavily improve Lucas. I'm putting my money on mid to high tier because of all the tools he has from Brawl without the huge hindrances such as grab release shenanigans.
There will probably be no zap jumping or that PSI Magnet tech that let him fly ludicrously far.

Air dodge changes make doing so near Lucas on the ground likely a death sentence.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
Zap Jumping making it back to Smash 4 is a dead dream sadly. I can see the ability of the PK Fire pushing you back in the air but not in a crazy way like it did in Brawl.

Also, concerning the down throw, I'm more concerned about having it's kill-power back from Brawl. The strongest in the game, at that.

Last edited:

notbenny

Smash Cadet
B-air looks like it has reduced range but perhaps more power / an easier meteor. In brawl it had quite a bit of PSI graphics but now it only has one big one around his foot. Not sure if this would mean a buff or a nerf, depends.

Top Bottom