• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Beyond Brawl

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I know he's from Mother 3, but what's his personal history? I wish I could find a translated ROM for it, but it seems like there's not one available. And no, I'm not asking for the ROM.

vesperview

Smash Hero

Spoilers:

He is the son of Flint the cowboy and Hinawa, the game basically starts with Lucas and his brother Claus just playing around with Dragos (The big green dinosaur)... they later get interrupted by Hinawa who tells them to get back inside for dinner, she tells them to finish the meal quickly cause they have to go back home through a very dangerous path, so they leave.

Story switches to Flint, who is told his wife and two sons are nowhere to be found, so he goes and searches for them aided by the entire town, later you are told that your children have been found, but not Hinawa, then another guy (Can't remember his name) tells you that he found her with the Mecha Drago's weapon thrust inside her dead... so then Claus decides to go avenge his mother and dies too only to be revived by the pig mask army as the Masked Man, later around chapter 4 you start to play as Lucas and have to find the seven needles to summon a dragon before Claus, these needles are protected by the Magypsies who teach you PSI, basically at the end you only have to find the seventh needle that is underground New Pork City, you also find out that the Masked Boy is your brother and you fight him until he throws a big lightning that gets reflected by Lucas's Franklin Badge (given to him by the Mr. Saturns) then Claus goes back to his old self says he is sorry for all the damage he cause, and dies, you then pull the seventh needle, the dragon is summoned and then you are told what happens later.

Way too spoiled for you, no need to play the game anymore.

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
Very interesting. Does it ever have any tie-in with the other 2 Mother Games?
Not at all since it a completely new story like how Mother 2 was to Mother 1.

Well in Mother 3, there is a little boat trip you take and you see artifacts of Mother 2 like Ness and his friends and many of the landmarks and items.

Mrs. Saturn

Smash Cadet
Well you could use one of the translated walkthroughs on gamefaqs.

If you combine that with the menu patch, available at starmen.net ( and inclosed unstructions on how to patch it to the ROM ) it should make playing the game a breeze.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
If you combine that with the menu patch, available at starmen.net ( and inclosed unstructions on how to patch it to the ROM ) it should make playing the game a breeze.
You mean the mother3.fobby.net translation? Thats not finished yet.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not at all since it a completely new story like how Mother 2 was to Mother 1.

Well in Mother 3, there is a little boat trip you take and you see artifacts of Mother 2 like Ness and his friends and many of the landmarks and items.
Well you've obviously never played the mother games...they all tie together...they just don't have much of the same characters because they take place a long time down the history from eachother...

Mother 1-2 Giygas

Mother 2-3 Pokey

Mrs. Saturn

Smash Cadet
You mean the mother3.fobby.net translation? Thats not finished yet.
Err.. I meant the menu patch, not the whole translation.

There is a walkthrough on gamefaqs that translates everything that everyone says.

The patch will translate the names of the NPCs, so you wont be confused when you look at the walkthrough to see what they are saying.

Mrs. Saturn

Smash Cadet
OMG, DANG IT! Claus.... he's a robot thing... same claus from mother 3?

AHHHH MUST NOT BE SPOILED!
Then stay offline ( unless you need a walkthrough ) until you finish the game, because the internet is made of horror and spoilers.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Yup, the internet has spoiled the crap out of Mother 3 by now. Its quite annoying.

btw, Tyler is the main character's split personality and Bruce Willis was dead all along.

SpeedBreaker888

Smash Cadet
Err.. I meant the menu patch, not the whole translation.

There is a walkthrough on gamefaqs that translates everything that everyone says.

The patch will translate the names of the NPCs, so you wont be confused when you look at the walkthrough to see what they are saying.
This does help, I played through the game with the Menu Translation Patch and the Story translation on Gamefaqs, it is great game, so I can't wait for him in Brawl.

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind seeing spoilers for this game. Though I friggin wish there was an English version for this game! >_<

Voraine

Smash Rookie
Yeah, my bad.
No problem, it wasn't much of a mistake. I was thinking if they decided to give him his pole's similar to Ness's bat's, then the move should act like Peach's. Where she switches from a golf club to a frying pan to a tennis racket, Lucas should switch from a pole to a scepter to a bat. It would make the move a little more unique and tributed to Mother 3 but at the same time I guess it would take the originality from Peach's. They couldn't really do that before with Ness because he only used bat's in Earthbound/Mother 2.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
No problem, it wasn't much of a mistake. I was thinking if they decided to give him his pole's similar to Ness's bat's, then the move should act like Peach's. Where she switches from a golf club to a frying pan to a tennis racket, Lucas should switch from a pole to a scepter to a bat. It would make the move a little more unique and tributed to Mother 3 but at the same time I guess it would take the originality from Peach's. They couldn't really do that before with Ness because he only used bat's in Earthbound/Mother 2.
yo yos and slingshots, IIRC

Voraine

Smash Rookie
yo yos and slingshots, IIRC
Yes, but I meant character specific weapons. I didn't include yo yo's because that's probably gonna be a separate move, like in melee and the 64 version. Hopefully a sling shot will be added to Lucas's move set as a long ranged projectile type, charging it similar to Link's bow.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Last I checked, Mother 3 didn't have Slingshots. And the only Yo-Yo I can remember is the Friend's Yo-Yo.
And you had to fight an annoying boss battle to get it.

Voraine

Smash Rookie
Last I checked, Mother 3 didn't have Slingshots. And the only Yo-Yo I can remember is the Friend's Yo-Yo.
And you had to fight an annoying boss battle to get it.
Well I guess that rules the sling shot out for Lucas then. If they do end up keeping Ness, then they should give it to him, to make him more diverse from Lucas, though despite how many people want him in Brawl, I actually really doubt they'll put him in. Lucas was supposed to replace him in Melee after all and they're just too similar character's to have both.

Top Bottom