• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 Lucas being allowed at EVO2015

Lucas allowed in EVO2015

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
So we all heard that Lucas was not going to be allowed because its too close to EVO but he's being released this week and EVO starts next month do you think they might be able to allow him because he's this week giveing the people competiting in EVO a whole month and one extra day to practice.Any thoughts?

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
I voted yes but still, nobody besides scrubs are gonna use him.

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
I hope they allow Lucas since its a whole month for players to play as him. I don't think he is going to be allowed though since they say "He's too new."

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I really doubt he'll be allowed at EVO simply because of the fact that his metagame would be basically newborn compared to everyone else's. Mewtwo's had two months over Lucas as far as metagame development goes, so Mewtwo has a solid baseline meta, while Lucas won't.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lucas is going to remain banned, but he probably shouldn't be.

Unless Lucas is flat broken, I don't see why they wouldn't. Ultra was out less than a month in North America, and it was still played at EVO 2013 (hence why Asian players did much better than year than normal). Ultra was also a giant glitch fest then (it still kind of is), hence the nickname "Ultra Glitch Fighter."

Tekken 7 isn't out anywhere but in Japan on arcade cabinets only (which it has been out since mid-March), and it's at EVO.

Overall I don't get this discrepancy, especially since Lucas is literally going to have the same custom moves as Ness, if he even has custom moves at all. That's not even factoring what we'll likely get in a likely patch released when Lucas and the Miiverse stage come out.

Edit: Speaking of which, if Miiverse is different from Battlefield, people should start talking about adding Miiverse to the legal stage list.

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Lucas costs 4 dollars.
That's 4* every setup EVO is using.
All of a sudden, that's a $400.00-$500.00 investment for ONE character that most people won't even play.
Not worth it.

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
Lucas costs 4 dollars.
That's 4* every setup EVO is using.
All of a sudden, that's a $400.00-$500.00 investment for ONE character that most people won't even play.
Not worth it.
And now we got 3 characters, I would like to see everyone at EVO but it would take too much time and money for them, the meta isn't developed at all and in a month things can change s lot I voted yes but you have a point, a really good one

Meowless

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately money is a huge factor for Lucas so I think it will be unlikely if he is allowed at Smash 4 EVO

Last edited:

KKSgaming

Smash Rookie
a lot time like u said money is issue.since cost spread over many system. I am facing this problem since in july 18 i have lan and a lot people keep asking me about this.defly like to hear more people opinion on this

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Not allowing any of the DLC characters is just ridiculous. I don't know what the organizers were thinking but they need to give their heads a shake.

Graminthesalmon

Smash Cadet
It's a damn shame, I guess the metagame will grow at a slower pace because the biggest major won't allow 3 amazing characters.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Lucas is staying banned; there's multiple reasons for this being the case, but it primarily comes down to factors such as cost (see NickRiddle's post) and the fact that many will not be playing these characters, sticking to their previous characters, which they may be more comfortable with. The other thing to take into account is the fact that the matchups are still quite unknown and the character is too new, with it being kind of unfair to players who may not be able to get them all out of the gate.

The other things to take into account are Roy and Ryu, who were released on the same day. If Mr. Wizard allowed these characters (never mind that one is indeed a third party, even if it's Ryu), that would increase the price to $13.99 per setup alone (since Ryu comes with a stage), which adds up very quickly. All three of these characters are still relatively new and seeing how they've already had to set up every single setup with customs, having to go through again with just weeks before the event is a massive cost that definitely won't be worth it. Look at CEO: All of the characters weren't really seen besides a Lucas on stream, with the characters still being relatively new, undeveloped, etc, even after a few players managed to successfully get them to be allowed. In the end, sure, it was nice to have them as an option, but no one really relied on them because they were underdeveloped.

It may be a bit of a shame, but I can perfectly understand the reasoning by them all being banned. Seeing how it's a rather futile effort to try and change the rules with less than 3 weeks till the biggest Smash 4 tournament in history, I'm locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom