• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas B-Stick. Necessary?

Craij.

Smash Rookie
I just started using Lucas as my main a couple months ago and I am aware that a lot of people switched their C-stick to B specials in Brawl, and I'm wondering if its really necessary in Project M.

SSS

Smash Ace
I just started using Lucas as my main a couple months ago and I am aware that a lot of people switched their C-stick to B specials in Brawl, and I'm wondering if its really necessary in Project M.
No. If I can play Melee Falco and I'm unable to switch to B-stick, you can play Project M Lucas and be just fine. Also you'll want c-stick for aerials. Just stick to smash stick. :)

Also, where in SoCal?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
The timing is much easier in Project-M, and it's not necessary. If you really want it, try C-bouncing or w/e its called. basically the same input as a normal B-stick but you have C set to smash attacks as normal and you press B at the same time as you press the c-stick

SSS

Smash Ace
The timing is much easier in Project-M, and it's not necessary. If you really want it, try C-bouncing or w/e its called. basically the same input as a normal B-stick but you have C set to smash attacks as normal and you press B at the same time as you press the c-stick
that sounds like infinitely more difficult lol

Badge

Smash Apprentice
its 1 more input
It's also a 1 frame window.

That's totally unnecessary, in fact I'd go so far as to call it counterproductive. Zap jump is no longer possible in Project M and you also don't get a momentum boost backwards from SideB, so those reasons to have the C-stick on specials are gone. On the other hand Lucas now has one of the best DACUSes in the game and DJC aerials, which are much easier to perform using the C-stick. Due these two I'd recommend keeping C-stick set to smashes.

Last edited:

Craij.

Smash Rookie
No. If I can play Melee Falco and I'm unable to switch to B-stick, you can play Project M Lucas and be just fine. Also you'll want c-stick for aerials. Just stick to smash stick. :)

Also, where in SoCal?
Ah, thanks man. Yea I just never used a B-Stick and I think I'm too used to C-Stick to switch anyways haha. And I'm in Mission Viejo.

Craij.

Smash Rookie
It's also a 1 frame window.

That's totally unnecessary, in fact I'd go so far as to call it counterproductive. Zap jump is no longer possible in Project M and you also don't get a momentum boost backwards from SideB, so those reasons to have the C-stick on specials are gone. On the other hand Lucas now has one of the best DACUSes in the game and DJC aerials, which are much easier to perform using the C-stick. Due these two I'd recommend keeping C-stick set to smashes.
Yea I use Djc aerials a lot so id have a hard time switching to B-Stick. I didnt really think it was necessary anyways.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Just use control stick movements to do b-reverses, turnaround bs and wavebounces (turnaround b-reverse) manually.

Last edited:
Top Bottom