• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas 1.10 Changes

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Let's see if we can find any changes on Lucas in 1.10! He was recently released, however, so it's a bit unlikely that he was changed. If anybody finds anything, report it here!

k-ta

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowkyo
3DS FC
5284-1414-9946
>D-tilt links into grab

Does...does this mean Lucas is confirmed top 10?

milesaint

Smash Rookie
NNID
CeasarArcana
3DS FC
2251-4318-3422
I'll be looking into it in a bit, but here's the key on his site before I do.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Events_(SSB4-3DS)

EDIT 1: Okay it looks like maybe the red data is what it used to be, and green is current? I have no way to know for sure, but the data looks similar enough to me for that to be the case. Anyway, it looks like it's describing frame data, specifically when hitboxes show up, where, and how much damage they do in what direction. I have no idea which entry is for what attack though.

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Edit:
This post is a mess.
Let me simplify
(WIP)

Sourspotted Fair - 8% -> 9% Hitbox(sourspotted) slightly smaller hitbox
Ftilt? or DSmash Hit3? - larger hitbox

Downtilt looks slightly reworked

Last edited:

milesaint

Smash Rookie
NNID
CeasarArcana
3DS FC
2251-4318-3422
I think 05D might be his jab, since it has three hitboxes, doesn't trip, and has no special properties (all the above look like PSI attacks, as they have electric attributes. Maybe they're tilts or aerials?) Odd that the whole combo is counted as one move here though, if that's the case. I would have thought they'd have separate entries.
Anyway, not seeing much change in that one but I assume only those that changed where included given that this is not enough entries to be his whole moveset.

^ I'm stupid ^​

Oh hold up...it had three hitboxes but now has two? What in the world is 05D? It's something that comes out on frame 3 and ends on frame 5...?

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
057 058 & 05B I think may be his Down Smash? or Ftilt (Down Smash more likely, Third hit specifically.)
069 is either uptilt or fair, I think. (Fair is more likely)

Dunno bout the last 3.

Edit:
I thought 05D was his Dtilt, but it it doesn't trip...

Edit:
Does Lucas' down tilt trip normally?

Last edited:

milesaint

Smash Rookie
NNID
CeasarArcana
3DS FC
2251-4318-3422
Okay that makes a lot more sense... So D-Smash got buffed. That's pretty good. Hit 2 can sometimes hit behind you, so maybe 1 or 3 can too now?

EDIT: The last three entries have no hitboxes, so...taunts? If so, all three had some value increased a bit.

Response to your question, Furil...so I'm not double-posting...heh.
Uhh, it doesn't always, but I'm pretty sure it can. I think it would still have to have that flag set to on to even be able to, right? ~ EDIT AGAIN WOW: Ooooh, the Trip marker is the Trip chance of a move. Probably in percent form, just written in hex.

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure it could in Brawl, but I've been kicking the crap out of duck hunt with every part of Lucas' foot and he has yet to trip.

Last edited:

joniho

Smash Cadet
057 058 & 05B I think may be his Down Smash? or Ftilt (Down Smash more likely, Third hit specifically.)
069 is either uptilt or fair, I think. (Fair is more likely)
057/058/05B are the three F-tilt variants (forward-up, forward, forward-down). It looks like only the size got slightly bigger ("Size=4.0f" -> "Size=4.40000009537f").

05D looks like the buffed D-tilt (can link to itself better, followup with tether grab).

069 is F-air, and as mentioned the sourspot got buffed from 8% to 9%.

072/073/074 are unknown to me.

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Oh yes, the Ftilt variants!
I guessed Down Smash because it was the only other attack that did 11%

joniho

Smash Cadet
From the Tournament Mode [1.1.0] Community Patch Notes:

Character | Last (PST) | Changes |
:4lucas: Lucas | F 01:00 |
  • Forward Air
    • Sour spot damage increased 8% → 9%
    • Sour spot hitbox size 3.8 → 3.3, vertical displacement 1.0 → 2.9
  • Forward Tilt
    • Sweet spot hitbox size increased 4.0 → 4.4
    • Sour spot hitbox size increased 2.0u → 2.2u; horizontal? displacement 1.6 → 0
  • Down Tilt
    • Far hitbox horizontal displacement 7.0 → 7.2
    • Middle hitbox angle altered 0° → 40°, growth reduced 50 → 45, horizontal displacement 2.7 → 3.0
    • Close hitbox angle altered 70 → 76, base increased 10 → 18, y/z? displacement 0 → 3.5
  • Grab (All)
    • Grab Box (early) size increased 2.5 → 3.0
    • Grab Box (late) size increased 2.4 → 2.8
| ★

ZepicZorua

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZepicZorua
Can someone check up smash plz. I really feel like it changed a little or I'm just hoping too much

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
Simmilar to ff nair to utilt, ff nair to dtilt works now with some quickness in your thumb. You can ff nair to turnaround dtilt grab , its not a true combo - but I've allready had success with it!

By the way can someone explain :
  • Grab (All)
    • Grab Box (early) size increased 2.5 → 3.0
    • Grab Box (late) size increased 2.4 → 2.8

Does the Grab box mean the hitbox of when the grab registers? I've tested around some with the grab in training, and it looked like the grab had barely longer reach, not sure tho..

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
It has more range. We can now punish Mario's U-smash on block. My neighbour has ragequitted on me.
Thats great! i wasnt expecting balancing on the latest dlc trio but im happy bout the changes, and dtilt might be the answer to land grabs up close!

Last edited:

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
so the endlag of pivot, dash and standing grab, Dsmash and each hit of the jab has been lowered? Didnt see it in the 1.10 patch notes but i thought the grab felt a bit different. Thanks!

Top Bottom