• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucarios, Lets talk stages.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Stages Stage Stages Stage, where to begin.

Stage Selection:

A lot of Lucarios aren't really taking advantage of their wide selection of stages and just go:
lol Neutral or Frigate.

This really needs to stop.

Lucario isn't a character that gets utterly destroyed on a stage [that is commonly legal << no corneria mentions please.] He is usually only limited slightly or has something on the stage to compensate.

I'll use myself as an example.

I Really Really Really Like Castle Siege.

No one except those who know me a lot ban it on me. and if they do I get my FD [which is usually what is banned].

The 1st State has clingable walls and messes with certain characters spacing game due to the slant, you also get a few nice tricksies with uthrow on the platforms if they don't tech/DI away and nair sliding on the slant.

2nd State is big and has plenty of room to DI while still having enough space to run away from DDD if you bring him here. Hitting the Statues increases the hitbox duration of moves
combine this with how long our moves ussually last and you got a good combination. punishing spotdodges is way easier near them.

They also force those who use projectiles to force an approach to come closer or destroy the platforms which a nice boon VS certain characters. and Once they are destroyed it becomes a wide open arena where Lucario thrives <3

I might also add the fact because its a walkoff stage Lucario's mediocre recovery problem is eliminated.

The State 3 the worst state imo but managable. its FD in the fact that its long and has no platforms but it has the bad side effect of tilting like Lylat cruise. this is not a problem when you have the high ground though and having the low ground is nice against falco I guess, but it doesn't take long for it to change into the 1st state again.

Stages like this are really just put off to the side and not used that much and it makes me really sad.

but it also makes me happy because no one chooses to ban them <3.

Stage Control

Thought I was done?

Think again.

I really don't see us talking much about this and it'd definitely help a lot up and starting lucarios out.

The Higher we climb on the tier list the more important stage control gets, and because the higher tier'd characters are really popular...

Good Examples are like VS Diddy or Falco

You want Diddy to be away from his bananas and You want to be away from the corner.
You have the priority advantage up close while Diddy thrives on capitalizing on you once you get nanner'd.

Falco you really want to keep him away from the edges so he can't just keep lasering and sideBing through, You really want him in the air or in the middle of the stage so you can force close combat, where we win.

Its things like this that really need to be talked about more and it'd really help out a lot in character match-ups.

/endrant

I just wanted to get that out I guess. discuss or point out where I'm wrong on some things?
I realize that I may have a skewed view of Falco and Diddy and I realllllly need to improve on the latter in match-ups lol :3

Top Bottom