• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Forward Special

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Does this move reflect projectiles like Mewtwo's did? I don't think there's video evidence, but could someone who has Brawl try it, please? I really enjoyed throwing people's bombs back at their faces. (Bomb-Ombs when we had items on, Link when we didn't)

Red Impact

Smash Cadet
Lucario's forward special is force palm, and doesn't reflect projectiles. Lucario doesn't have anything that reflects projectiles, just counters them.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Have we tried? A force wave could in theory deflect something...I just want to know if anyone has tried.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
LUCARIO IS NOT MEWTWO!!!!!!! HIS MOVES ARE NOT THE SAME!!!! FORCE PALM =/= CONFUSION!!!
*clearsthroat* sorry, force palm has good range and knockback and when done at close range, it grabs too. it totally different from confusion.

toon link 94

Smash Apprentice
lucario looks awsome to bad he replaced mewtwo! oh well, at least thay replaced him with a good pokemon character!

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
LUCARIO IS NOT MEWTWO!!!!!!! HIS MOVES ARE NOT THE SAME!!!! FORCE PALM =/= CONFUSION!!!
*clearsthroat* sorry, force palm has good range and knockback and when done at close range, it grabs too. it totally different from confusion.
I do realize that. Thank you for pointing it out. I am very aware that Lucario is an entirely different fighter. Due, however, to certain similarities between M2 and Lucario, such as the damaging projectile charge, I was curious as to other similarities. I knew that the Forward Special grabbed people, and was a shockwave, powerful at that, but I didn't know what effect it had on thrown items...could it grab them, do nothing, or reflect them? I have not seen any videos to clarify the situation, so I was wondering if anyone else had.

From what I have seen, nobody has tried to use it to reflect a projectile...maybe it does. Maybe it grabs them like it does other fighters. There are a lot more anti-projectile tactics in Brawl, with Wario, Kirby and DeDeDe able to eat them (or spit them out), a huge number of people with shields/reflectors, and the like. We don't know ALL the properties of the moveset, so inquires should not be treated with hostility even if proved wrong.

Do not take me for a fool, however stupid my question may appear. Thank you for the respect.

Red Impact

Smash Cadet
Hmm, that's definitely something to try out. But the timing would have to be impeccable for you not to eat some damage from the item. I doubt it'll do anything to projectiles, but we'll see.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
No.
It does not reflect.
Go watch the Lucario v. Link vids, hes always throwing projectiles, and Lucario uses Force Palm a few times during it.
Either way, Mewtwo's confusion was basically useless. Power sheilding was better.
-DD

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Thanks DarkDragoon!

True, it was typically useless...but hitting someone in the face with a bomb-omb they threw without a shield was fun...that and I never got the timing quite right, so Confusion was easier for me to time...Yeah, I'm not that good. Oh well!

This puts this issue to rest for the most part. I'd like to see if it can grab with impeccable timing, but that's a little too much to ask you guys to do!

Top Bottom