• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Double-Team: A second trait?

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Going through Lucario's guide in IGN, I noticed something about the Double Team ability that was written in:

"Lucario's counter deals 15% damage. Interesting though, if someone attacks you just after starting the attack, Lucario will perform an attack that targets anyone nearby."

I've never been in a position to test this out myself, no one's ever attacked me while I was countering a hit. Do they mean if you are attacked while performing the sliding counterattack, or are their semantics messed up and they're just rewording how the counter applies?

JoeTang

Smash Cadet
I think what they mean is the initial counter attack when you're struck during the first few active frames of Double Team. I'm quite sure you have invincibility frames after Double Team activates and you attack.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
didnt they adress this in his profile on the dojo? I feel like this is something obvious.

Kyune

Smash Rookie
There isn't anything special revealed by IGN's wording. Doubleteam's counterattack is a sliding kick that has a significant distance, making it rather easy to hit several people if you're in the thick of things.

Top Bottom