• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario, Ness, and Jigglypuff Leaked Video. Why Ness is not playable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Most of you have probably seen the video at wii.com that was recently changed because Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ness were revealed in the video.

But those of you that think Ness is going to be playable, I'm gonna have to say I disagree. And I'll explain why.

First, take a look at smashbros.com. Go to characters, click on Lucas, and scroll down to Lucas's special moves update. Sakurai says that "UP UNTIL NOW THERE'S BEEN A CHARACTER IN SMASH BROS. CALLED NESS" Doesn't that deconfirm Ness? I thought about that, and I came to this conclusion:

Notice how Meta Knight and Snake, two of the five original newcomers, weren't announced until AFTER Ike, Pokemon Trainer, and Diddy Kong. So that lead me to thinking this: Ike, PT, and DK replace Roy, Pichu, and Dr. Mario because I guess you could say their franchises match, right? So if Lucas is also replacing somebody, why isn't he with them?

BECAUSE NESS IS BETA IN BRAWL. Ness was in that video because that video was made a while back, before they had changed all of Ness's sprites into Lucas. Notice how his moves are the same as Ness, he moves the same, and he's almost the same size. They didn't announce Lucas until later because originally, Ness was going to have that spot, and they weren't ready to announce Lucas until after Snake was announced.

So this means that Ness is beta, and supposedly, Smash Bros Dojo can just announce Lucario and Jigglypuff already.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
This has to be one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom