• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario N-Air Idea

Darxai

Smash Cadet
So I made a thread a long time ago and I mentioned about lucario having some sort of meteor smash/spike in his moveset would greatly improve his airgame. One of his most basic attacks would probably have to be his nair which is a basic damaging AOE around him. I thought maybe we could make this more interesting.

Instead of having lucario do that move, let's look at his best move for combo-ing. His fair.

As you can see, his fair is a direct kick upwards and moves them up. So, i thought, why not make his nair an opposite of this, but allow it to cover his head, front, and bottom? The front and bottom would meteor smash, and the top would just knock the person up. This would give lucario the ability to get some room when people attack him earlier.

The animation would be lucario doing a sort of odd-looking heel-kick to send them downwards. This could be similar to snake's fair except it would come out quicker, but with less power.

If this seems a bit stupid/broken, an idea to back that up is to make it so it spikes only at a certain aura.

Lucario's moveset is pretty decent, but something that can back him up in the air can really help.

Please discuss, it's just an idea.

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
I had once thought of Lucario having a Meteor Smash some time ago. And yeah, I would agree that it may be rather broken, though the Aura mechanic could back it up. The real question would be...at what % will it be allowed to spike? 70? 80+?

A Nair being similar to Snake's axe kick might make him more open to attacks. Maybeee something more of an somersault with his tail swinging downward - with the front and bottom being the Meteor Effect and anywhere else being sour? I dunno, I'm just being skeptical about the sacrifice of a safe Nair, but there's my take upon this.

Top Bottom