• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Moveset Help

MastaShake99

Smash Journeyman
im thinking flash canon, aura sphere, metal sound, and something else i dont care right now

another one im thinking about is
swords dance, close combat, force palm and something else again

any advise?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=118194

That aside, a good moveset for Swords Dance Lucario is:
Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly Nature
Inner Focus
252 atk EVs/4 def EVs/252 speed EVs
~Swords Dance
~Close Combat
~Extremespeed
~Stone Edge/Ice Punch/Crunch

Copypasta from Smogon :p.

A good special set would be:
Lucario @ Choice Specs
Modest/Timid Nature
Inner Focus
4 HP EVs/252 sp. atk EVs/252 Speed
~Aura Sphere
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power[Ice or Rock]
~Vacuum Wave

Again, copypasta'd from Smogon. I don't like OUs very much :p.

On a separate note, never use two moves of the same time on a moveset except in situations like the Choice Specs set where priority may be needed. Having a moveset with Force Palm and Close Combat is redundant. For more information, read the Intro to Competitive Pokemon sticky.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
lucario
inner focus (good for togekiss)
adamant/jolly
choice band
252 att/252 spd/ 6 hp
close combat
stone edge/ eq
ice punch
bullet punch/ xtreme speed

if your lucario has at least 300 attack then with choice band it can go to 400+. you pick stone edge if most oe your team knows eq. learn eq if metagross is your bigest threat. ice punch is for dragons. bullet punch for stab and make a fast revenge kill. and xtreme speed for the same use.

the only things that might be a threat is bulky waters

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
LOL no Blaze Kick?
Srsly, the best sets would be found on Smogon.
<3 the word Srsly. Srsly.
but blaze kick only counterpick grass, ice, bug and steel.

close combat covers the steel and ice, ice punch covers the grass, and the only bugs you will encounter are heracross and yanmega and rarely vespiqueen. they can all be covered by stone edge. with choice band stone edge will do at least 3/5s of his hp or if it has very high defense it will do at least 1/3. still pretty good

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
but blaze kick only counterpick grass, ice, bug and steel.

close combat covers the steel and ice, ice punch covers the grass, and the only bugs you will encounter are heracross and yanmega and rarely vespiqueen. they can all be covered by stone edge. with choice band stone edge will do at least 3/5s of his hp or if it has very high defense it will do at least 1/3. still pretty good
Scisor. That ******* has become incredibly broken due to Bullet Punch.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
Scisor. That ******* has become incredibly broken due to Bullet Punch.
bullet punch only does .25 its total damage on lucario. the base power is like 90 tho. lucario can kill it with close combat in about 3 turns

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
bullet punch only does .25 its total damage on lucario. the base power is like 90 tho. lucario can kill it with close combat in about 3 turns
They'll just switch out. Blaze Kick is an OHKO on Scizor, which is worth alot. Besides, the bug from hell is always packing SD now, and BB isn't too uncommon.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
They'll just switch out. Blaze Kick is an OHKO on Scizor, which is worth alot. Besides, the bug from hell is always packing SD now, and BB isn't too uncommon.
but true i agree. i choose that over bullet punch

D

Deleted member

I use adamant lifeorb SD closecombat extremespeed bulletpunch since gengar ***** the set pretty bad without bulletpunch.

steel hits lucario for half damage, not quarter damage. fighting doesn't resist steel.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
I use adamant lifeorb SD closecombat extremespeed bulletpunch since gengar ***** the set pretty bad without bulletpunch.

steel hits lucario for half damage, not quarter damage. fighting doesn't resist steel.
o sorry. i always thought it did

Top Bottom