• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Momentum Transfer

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I've heard of a term called momentum cancel which allows you to survive hits that would normally kill you in brawl, but I don't know if this was transferred over to PM.

However, what I want to discuss is something that I am sure that all lucario mains have accidentally done in one of their games, is the phenomenon when using extreme-speed and hitting the opponent at an angle slightly below the extreme-speed hit-box pushes the enemy a certain distance.

I call this term Momentum transfer because it looks like lucario's momentum from extreme-speed is being transferred to the opponent. This can be especially useful for pushing edge-guarding enemy's underneath the stage to where they cannot recover.

Today, I did this verse my friends snake and my other friends Ike.

So here I ask you all, if anyone has any ideas as to what the exact conditions for a momentum transfer are. All I can see from observation is that it seems to only work when hit by the lower part of the extreme-speed hit-box.

To further add to the discussion, I would also like to know if it is possible to momentum cancel in project M and if so how to do it with lucario.

Bane13

Smash Rookie
From my experience, it only happens when you manage to hit the opponent with just one of the extremespeed hitboxes that is not the last one. I've had it happen several times when I traded hits with an opponent offstage and against heavier characters when recovering with extremespeed at an angle right above them.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
momentum cancelling isn't a thing in PM except for bucket breaking with G&W as far as i know

with ES it seems to be (from my experience) about what bane13 said.

Top Bottom