• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario info on Olimar

Ice Effect

Smash Rookie
This has its own thread on the lucario boards, figured someone should put it here as well.

Lucario's down b is a move called double-team, it is a much stronger version of marth's counter (lucario's can kill at 90-120%), but seems to have less frames. After it counters something, lucario will slide along the ground in a pretty semi-big range, hitting anything in its way.

When you throw a pikmin onto lucario, it can double team anytime it wants, as long as the pikmin is on it , thanks to the pikmin biting on him. This can cause troubles as it pretty much prevents people from using one of olimar's most important specials, unless you want to risk a smart lucario using double team, and potentially killing you.

This probably works for marth/ike as well, though i doubt it'll be as effect since the range their counters have arent as big as lucario's sliding kick.

And...first post :chuckle:

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Thanks for the info. It does apply to Marth's and Ike's Counter, but like you said, it's not as effective because their range is significantly shorter.

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
Plus the fire effect pikmin, when doing their effect, can be countered.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
Actually, Pikmin are a good counter (pun unintended) to Counters, either Marth's, Ike's, or Lucario's. If you've got an opponent who likes to use counters and you have a Pikmin attached to your opponent, lure him into a situation where he thinks you're going to attack and activates his counter. Instead, you sit there doing nothing, then sidestep his counter as he attacks the Pikmin. Punish at will.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
Alternatively if your aware of your situation, you can bait lucario into a dangerous situation. As the OP described Lucario slides along with his counter, so if you are near the edge, latch him and he uses it, he may hit you but more importantly will slide off the edge decently far with moderate lag. Not game breaking or anything, and most lucarios who will use this strategy will also most likely know how double team works and simply choose not to use it when Olimar is near the ledge, but worth mentioning in a thread concerning the topic.

-True

Fino

Smash Master
great point true!
now, I'm not to knowledgeable on the frames and lag on lucario's double team; however, after he does his dash is there any cool down or lag afterwards?
if so, potentially great way to punish a lucario. my theory (only applicable if there is indeed time after doing the move in which he's non responsive) is that you can lure him by latching a pikmin, and when you see he's going to use double team either (a) jump (since the attack swoops the ground) and fair/bair/dair him or (b) roll dodge and then shield grab him.
Again, I could be completely wrong on this as, even though I've played lucario, I haven't studied him all to much.

~Fino

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
Depending on distance, too, you could always punish a missed double-team with a grab or something. It's a good strategy, but I can't see it working all the time--Olimars have shields, too.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153872

Here's the original thread. Anyway it's not a bad idea to use occasionally as a surprise. But it's nothing that could be depended on. If you do it too much it can be baited. Space in such a way that when the double team goes off, it misses you and you can do whatever the hell you want to him afterwards. Or, make him think that you will throw a pikmin, and just grab him while he counters.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
What about teams? IF you latch on to Lucario in Teams would he just go after you or would he just hit the person closest. It seems like a viable idea and if anything just be above him when he counters and you have a fairly good killing surprise.

_Lex_

Smash Cadet
If you know what you are doing, Lucario's counter is far too slow for a smart player to get hit by it. You can see it coming from a mile away; just jump when you see the animation.

Zink

Smash Champion
just as a point of advice, there's really no reason to try to lure him into sending himself off the edge, as it's cake to get back, and luc ***** off the edge anyway...

Top Bottom