• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Help!

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
Recently, Lucario has been giving me a lot of trouble and I honestly can't seem to figure out a way to beat him, unless I can get him in the air which is proving hard.

Any tips?

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
Skill is a good thing.
You know you could be nicer. I'm having trouble with someone and just asking politely. I honestly don't need sarcastic comments. I'm having trouble and seeking advice from those who are better than me. What's wrong with that? Nothing.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
ughh i have tourble with lucario too. his aura spam > mines. and kill him or else his attacks start to like double lol. and lucarios Dair is umm somewhat broken. stay clear of him there

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
ughh i have tourble with lucario too. his aura spam > mines. and kill him or else his attacks start to like double lol. and lucarios Dair is umm somewhat broken. stay clear of him there
Will try. Any other tips guys? It would be appreciated.

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
Space well and kill him at low percentages. At low %'s his only real killing moves are smashes and dair which either are slow or obvious. He can kill you by edgeguaring but Dedede has a decent recovery so just don't let him chain a fair-fair-fair-dair on you off the ledge to kill. Also low % kills are clearly good, and Dedede has the power to do so.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
Space well and kill him at low percentages. At low %'s his only real killing moves are smashes and dair which either are slow or obvious. He can kill you by edgeguaring but Dedede has a decent recovery so just don't let him chain a fair-fair-fair-dair on you off the ledge to kill. Also low % kills are clearly good, and Dedede has the power to do so.
I'll work on those. Thank you.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
space properly...

use waddles against his spam...re-throw them

chase him off the ledge...back air back air back air

dont let him stay at high % for too long

kill quickly

Browny

Smash Hater
dededes recovery is his ultimate weakness vs lucario. there really is nothing you can do to dodge a full charge aura sphere, or if you decide to land, he can just double team as dedede comes back down. Also important, dedede is also succeptible to lucarios chain grab, while lucario is immune to dedede's. this is one hell of a difficult match up.

honestly the best advice i can think of, is refrain from using dededes' up b as much as possible.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol yeah woops i forgot, lucario is immune to falcos CG not dedede's :p

and that video was plain depressing. no sane person walks into a dedede grab that often.

xxkpxx

Smash Rookie
Really you can stop lucario's spam with a forward tilt. It's faster than his spam and you can close in on him. As far as air game, lucario has you pretty much beat until you can really time your forward air. don't risk an up air against his down air because you usually end up getting destroyed by it and flung to either side. Avoid being hit by his forward air as well. Don't risk your f-air against his. Play smart and spot dodge. Grabbing is your friend. A good way to rack up damage without chain grabbing is after you grand and dthrow, follow it up with a f-tilt.

I hope this somewhat helps. I have a friend that used to main lucario and yes, he was a ***** to beat but the fact is I beat him so just to let you know it can be done.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
oh and dont be scared to gimp his easy gimpable recovery. its the onyl thing keeping him from being broken lol that or online lag just kills

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTeW0JUNjLY

Chain grabbing is the ticket to beating Lucario. If you do it correctly he just doesn't get a chance to do anything to you.
I totaly agree u should shield grab as much as posible against lucario. But can anyone tell me how to aproach him when he starts charging backward and the ball is big enough to block the waddle dees.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
try to chain throw him near the end of the stage forward throw angle up b to spike him it works for me

(if you know you are going to die from up b don,t canel ,he may get in the way

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
i have no problem with lucario, however i get to practice against him all the time. but there are some bit keys to playing against him.

1. chain grab him
2. tilts/spacing
3. waddles
4. know how to fight lucario.

4* if you don't know much about fighting lucario, as far as advanced anti lucario is gay as **** you need to keep a few things in mind. if you kill him first, for each of his respawns that you are in the lead he comes back more powerful.

so i just get him to like 130+ and let him kill me, then steal a kill early on the next stock. then repeat.

and if you don't follow this simple strat. just **** him, but then again... you wouldn't be on this thread if you could just **** him.

good luck, its a really frustrating match for a long time, i have probably played atleast 30+ hours of this match(its my main vs. my partners main)

Browny

Smash Hater
um, above poster is a bit misinformed

lucarios damage boost from being 1 stock ahead is only about 120%, as oppose to about 175% when he is on 130. of course this means if you let him KO you first, his strength would drop to about 160% or normal, but its still not worth the risk letting him live that long.

out of curoisity, does your partner use lucarios CG against Dedede?

if you are playing against a lucario who knows what theyre doing, beware the A-A force palm combo. it can chain dedede up to at least 50%. he cant do it if lucario is above about 70% though, so just keep an eye out for that. again, most wifi lucarios wouldnt know about it, but just like snakes dthrow - dthrow combo, it can really surprise you and do a lot of damage fast

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
good lucarios do that dam fair spamming and that one CG and their side b also grabs outa their arials and tilts. lol lucario is too good so dont get caught with him underhim,infront and dont fall for the stupid neutural b

hes very easily edgehogged too

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
up @ djbrowny, yes my partner does know the match, and he is a rediculously good lucario. we had a really bad match against azen and mild in the last tourney we went to, and they got him down to his last stock after they lost one, he took out 4/5 of those last stocks and made a controller mistake clinging to a wall. just to ensure you he is a good lucario

but the side be chain isn't anywhere near as dominating as D3s chaingrab on lucario. if you know how to shield grab, or perfect shield grab, or roll... shield punish basically with him to lucario it really isn't that bad once you get used to it.

i have only seen a few people beat his lucario(our problem is tourneys are way far away from us right now) and i dont' have a problem with him, in fact he says he'll do the match for fun, but not expect to win it at all.

and if i seemed a little misinformed i was drunk on that last post and saw lucario help and couldn't resist. but @criz yeah you do have to watch out for the fair spamming, just out prioritize him in the air, i know you can do it, and waddle him safely and edgestall!

edgestall them i forgot about this. things to do in edgestalling against this blue wanna be high tier pokemon:
1. waddles
2. fair
3. uair
4. bair

for the uair just let go of the edge and jump up where you can't get hit from the stage but your hammer is above the stage. be careful with the airs though cause if you are not careful a lucario dair will hit you and that is just not good at all.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Make sure to try and get Lucario to at least 50% at the start of a stock before he gets too close to you. He can chain throw Dedede up to 70% as long as he's below 50% himself.

Besides that, throw waddles a lot. They get in the way of his aura sphere control and other such things.

Top Bottom