• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario for Top Tier?

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
From what I've been seeing and hearing the majority of Lucario's moves do like 10%+ and on top of that are fluid and fast. So, I wanted to know are there any real negatives to him? And does his FS auto-target an opponent or do you move it where you want it to attack?

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Ya move it, he's middle weight, he doesn't have alot of downsides other than situational move sets. Gotta know how to use what and when and how to aim it. He combos well, kills well.... he's top middle, because I haven't seen anything overpowered that makes him seem overall stronger than mario.

Neemo

Smash Apprentice
The sad thing about seeing him fight other human beings is that he seems to have the same floaty weak nature Mewtwo had when he gets pounded on. I'm a bit scared that his recovery might actually be quite ineffective as it could just be hit or (worse) Mario-caped as an edge guard.

He has useful moves but he still seems to be too floaty to maneuver in dangerous situations.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
The sad thing about seeing him fight other human beings is that he seems to have the same floaty weak nature Mewtwo had when he gets pounded on. I'm a bit scared that his recovery might actually be quite ineffective as it could just be hit or (worse) Mario-caped as an edge guard.

He has useful moves but he still seems to be too floaty to maneuver in dangerous situations.
the auto-sweetspotting will negate a lot of the disadvantages some characters have with recovery. in my opinion lucario looks like he will be a good character... but since tiers are based on tournament performance we will just have to wait and see i guess.

also, most of the characters are floaty in brawl. plus floaty doesn't always = bad (jipplypuff, peach, etc..).

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Tiers will always exist as long as characters are different from one another.

The most balanced fighting games have tiers though in most of the more balanced ones, you can really win with anyone, the tier list is just there to tell who can win a bit easier.

I look forward to him.

coldkilla30

Smash Cadet
Yeah!

I love the fact that the game came out like A DAY AGO! and we're already talking about tiers.
Gotta love the competitive spirit!:)

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Hey, they said it not me. :)

And on top of that, this is smash on the internet.

Competitive abilities of this game are being tested before it even comes out. Isn't it great? :laugh:

Neemo

Smash Apprentice
the auto-sweetspotting will negate a lot of the disadvantages some characters have with recovery. in my opinion lucario looks like he will be a good character... but since tiers are based on tournament performance we will just have to wait and see i guess.

also, most of the characters are floaty in brawl. plus floaty doesn't always = bad (jipplypuff, peach, etc..).
You have a point. Lets hope for the best. Because I'm not going to stick with another
Mewtwo-like failure in brawl.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
What we seem to misunderstand here is the difference with Lucario's stat's to Mewtwos, and their follow-up change in general gameplay. Of course, you'll have to refer to my next update to the Lucario Database in order to read it ;P!
-DD

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
I love the fact that the game came out like A DAY AGO! and we're already talking about tiers.
Gotta love the competitive spirit!:)
Theres been talk about tiers WAYYYY before the game released lol.

I never like tiers. If they make Brawl more balance, then it will be no point to have tiers.
Tiers are going to exist. It's unavoidable.

verditude

Smash Journeyman

His floatiness can be offset by his down B if you can time it right, plus his Dair is a great move for air control. His recovery will be aided by the auto sweetspot and his ability to wall cling.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Yeah I think he's going to be about Mid-Top Tier. Maybe even Top Tier, seeing as though he looks really good, and his ability to wall cling will help him greatly too.

In my eyes, Lucario is just plain awesome! :)

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
I know, I thought he was going to be top tier before I found out about alot of the knockback, and extra stuff he has going for him. He always was my favorite pokemon.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Do we really want him to be high tier?

Do we really want him to be played by a thousand of other people?
Do we really want people to constantly complain that we use a high tier character?

I sure dont.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
I hope the brawl development team made the charecters balanced enough. I personally think its going to be harder to make an accurate tire list.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Do we really want people to constantly complain that we use a high tier character?

I sure dont.
I agree. Some people are upset cause now that Falco is de-cloned they think he might not be top tier again (Shine changed/ stats change) but I coudn't care less about his tier cause I like him as a char and love the fact that he is now officially decloned.

I don't see any vids showing Lucario to be massively over-powered enuff to be top tier. I perdict the top dogs will be Sheik/ Fox/ Sonic and maybe ROB from what I have seen. Characters like Lucario/ Pitt/ Falco/ Wolf/ PT all come off as either mid of high mid to me.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I think he is going to be Top

He is already over Hyped I still don't like him

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
I also like Lucario as a character and for years I had already decided that no matter how good he was, I would play him. I think that currently, alot of the videos have him matched up a vetern that people already have an idea of what to do with them. Its going to take a little time for people to figure out how to best play as Lucario.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
I also like Lucario as a character and for years I had already decided that no matter how good he was, I would play him. I think that currently, alot of the videos have him matched up a vetern that people already have an idea of what to do with them. Its going to take a little time for people to figure out how to best play as Lucario.

Same with me. Lucario's my favorite game character and even if Sakurai gave him garbage moves, I'd still use him.

Ectoplasmus

Smash Cadet
I'll most likely main him, regardless of his tier, but I'd still like to know how long it takes him to execute his attacks. That was mewtwo's main problem; his attacks were really slow.

Purgatory

Smash Rookie
Ima main Lucario, along with Marth and ike. I liked using mewtwo and hear that Lucario is similar and better. Which gives me the impression of thinking about maining him.

Neemo

Smash Apprentice

I sure dont.

If he ends up High tier I will have NO GUILT whatsoever because for the entirety of Smash I mained Mewtwo so it was only a "natural progression" to pick Lucario.

I like to call this Karma.

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice

I sure dont.
It didn't stop me with using Sheik. Ain't gonna stop me with using Lucario.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is good. His aura sphere is a great edge guard because it can hit people holding the ledge...

Top Bottom