• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Cancel

OrangeJuice

Smash Rookie
NNID
Biastoise
I'm trying to improve my Lucario game and one thing I can't seem to grasp is up b cancel and down b cancel. Sorry if there is a more appropriate thread (if there is just give me the link) but yeah please help if you can.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
what exactly do you mean? i will try to give a basic explanation of their uses and such, if you have questions please let me know.

each cancel takes a charge, so make sure you have one stored up!

up b/extreme speed/ES cancelling: input up B, then press A to cancel. it can be cancelled any time before the animation ends. lucario does a little stall in the air sort of like his up taunt, and you can do anything out of this except another ES unless your first ES was grounded. it can be used to assist recovering (cancel > air dodge to grab the ledge or land on stage, or cancel > down b), or following up a combo (dtilt at higher %s > chase with ES > cancel > nair/uair/bair to kill), or even approaching sometimes (approach with ES > cancel > start your combo. i like jab > jab > ftilt > FP) but this can be pretty punishable so be careful.

down b/double team/DT is amazing for a lot of things. input down B, then any A move or hit the C stick for a smash attack to cancel. he will carry some momentum depending on the move used and at what point in the animation you cancel DT. i use it most for recovery or cancelling into smashes. for recovery my favourites are DT > nair or DT > dair. nair sends you whirling back to the stage and covers a huge distance. dair doesn't send you as far. it can be used for approach as well, like DT > dtilt or DT > jab and then start a combo from that.

does that help at all?

OrangeJuice

Smash Rookie
NNID
Biastoise
Yeah thanks, I was searching around and found out you have to have the aura stored to cancel. Thanks though.

Top Bottom