• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario aura meter

Citricide

JuneauSmashBros Tournament Organizer
Hello, I am an avid player of project M and been a part of the growing community for a while now. I appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this project. I'd like to suggest a thing for luciario. He's able to store 2 aura meter. Is there a way you can implement a way to display how many meter he has or can you change his glowing hands to different colors depending on how many he has stored. maybe blue for 1 stored and red for 2 stored or maybe one glowing hand for 1 meter and both hands glowing for 2

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Actually, this is already covered for. The light trails produced by his hands when Lucario has a charge are blue when he has a single charge and white when he has two. Need to know how many charges you have? Dash Dance!

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Well, I think that once you play Lucario for an extended period of time, you just know how many aura stock's he has without even checking on the color of his hands.

FUN FACT OF THE DAY: doing 10 up taunt's gives Lucario a aura stock. The more you know ;3

Nippo

Smash Cadet
I'm also in the camp that would like a stronger visual indicator of how much aura Lucario has stocked. I don't know if it's possible within the engine, but a Street Fighter-style super meter above the percentage would be great.

Nippo

Smash Cadet
if his hands have trails he has two.
end of story
Yeah, but it's sometimes hard to see in the heat of battle and in stages where the camera is zoomed out. I don't play Smash on an HDTV.

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
if his hands have trails he has two.
end of story
not quite accurate. his hands trail when he moves with one or two charges. one charge is blue, and a little harder to see. when he has two charges, his hands trail white :)

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
not quite accurate. his hands trail when he moves with one or two charges. one charge is blue, and a little harder to see. when he has two charges, his hands trail white :)
I think he's referring to changing such that his hands glow when he has one charge and the trails form only when he's got two. Which would be pretty nice, really.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
I think he's referring to changing such that his hands glow when he has one charge and the trails form only when he's got two. Which would be pretty nice, really.
shruggle! if i misinterpreted, my bad!

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
man this would be so helpful. Maybe we could make it so lucario glows like final smash glow when he has 2? hhaha maybe thats a bit too much but SOMETHING to make it apparent if I have 1 or 2 would be great.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
honestly its easy for me to tell at a glance but it seems a lot of people have trouble with it so i guess making it more apparent would be good.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I find Aura in general needs better feedback to the player. I find it hard to tell how many of changes he has or how close he is too a new charge but that second one is not as big an issue.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
how close he is to a new charge i feel should not be indicated. that part is kind of up to you to keep a rough mental note of, IMO

Nippo

Smash Cadet
how close he is to a new charge i feel should not be indicated. that part is kind of up to you to keep a rough mental note of, IMO
Why? That's never the case in traditional fighting games, which Lucario's P:M incarnation is an homage to. I would ideally prefer a visible meter.

Maybe a distinctive sound effect every time he gains an aura stock? That has to be possible in the engine.

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
Why? That's never the case in traditional fighting games, which Lucario's P:M incarnation is an homage to. I would ideally prefer a visible meter.

Maybe a distinctive sound effect every time he gains an aura stock? That has to be possible in the engine.
this may be true but I kinda feel like that part doesn't particularly fit in pm :/ especially since lucario is a special case and not the norm.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
There's also delay on the visual when you use or gain an aura which can be very misleading.
this
this is more important than the color of the hands.

the fact that it takes a second or two for the hand visuals to show when gaining or losing a charge can really throw you off mid-combo

Last edited:

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
this
this is more important than the color of the hands.

the fact that it takes a second or two for the hand visuals to show when gaining or losing a charge can really throw you off mid-combo
O god. I completely forgot about this problem. I absolutely hate it when I get knocked out of doing a spirit bomb and I lose the meter but my hands are still glowing so I do some down B approach and its like GG no meter and I get smacked.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I believe you actually have to hit with an attack in order for lucario to recalculate how much aura he actually has and display it on his hands.

Top Bottom