• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low tier tournament, and guess who's allowed?

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Breaking News

Back at SBR, somebody is going to hold an online tournament. If or if not this tournament will hold, I dunno.
But guess what?
Its a low tiers only tourney. Why this is, I have no idea.
And it appears like Yoshi is on the legal low tier Roster. I'm not sure if this is good or is an insult.
So I thought:
"Hey, without Metaknight begin all j@y, Yoshi stands a chance!"

So there.
If you're interested, go to SBR and kick some @s$.
Cuz it would be festive if Yoshi saturated the top 8, ya know?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yoshi in low tier is too easy.

I play Link in low tiers just because it's at least a challenge and I collectively ***** @$$ the last time I did so with a very slight win over solitary Popo (which isn't even low tier, but whatever).

My buddy plays Yoshi in low tier tournaments and the last one he went to, I heard he beasted like R. Kelly on a Girl Scout meeting and he doesn't even know how to play Yoshi.

People should pick Link or Sonic or something and make some waves with them there. Yoshi needs to step up his actual tournament game since he doesn't belong in low tier tournaments anyway.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mario, Yoshi, Samus, and Sonic are all too good in low tier tourneys. They should make up the lower end of the mid tier if you ask me. I mean, they actually have some good matchups against some of the better characters.

jehonaker

Smash Cadet
I would be surprised if a Yoshi didn't win the entire tournament.

Yoshi needs to step up his actual tournament game since he doesn't belong in low tier tournaments anyway.
Maybe not pertinent, but Luigi's dominance of low-tier tournaments played a role in getting his tier position changed for this last update of the Melee list.
If Yoshi does the same, then they'll learn how "cute and non-threatening" Yoshi is and that'll correlate to an increase in position. :)

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
doesn't look like theres many Yoshi's signed up for it now so i may have to

EDIT: oh nvm looks like it already started >.<

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
The tourney WILL be won by Mario, Yoshi, or Ness. They have the best low tier matchups. Yoshi, for instance, hs only one low tier disadvantage (Ness), and even then it's a puny one.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yoshi is pretty much the MetaKnight of the Low Tiers. Ness is probably the Snake though...

Then again, Yoshi doesn't belong in Low Tier, and those like Ness don't really belong either.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Actually, I'd reverse it. I may be a Yoshi mainer, but I think that Ness is the better character.

Anyway, GaW is second, IMO.:bee:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yoshi is pretty much the MetaKnight of the Low Tiers. Ness is probably the Snake though...

Then again, Yoshi doesn't belong in Low Tier, and those like Ness don't really belong either.
Hehe we think alike. XD

You became a debater now? :)

Top Bottom