• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Priority Moves..

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
Why do her moves have such low priority?! Outside of her Bair I just keep getting destroyed because of moves with so much more priority. Is there anything I can even do? I love WFT but I don't know how much longer I can put up with her low priority moves and "awkward" hitboxes.

"Low priority" is inevitable when you have hitboxes as precise as WFT's...

In reality there is no such thing as "low" and "high" priority. Priority is simply determined by damage output and a single flag. If two (ground) moves clash, then one of the attacks has to deal at least 9% more in order to outprioritise the other attack. Aerials nearly always beat out ground moves. Attacks can have a "transcendent" flag that gives them transcendent priority, allowing them to go through any attacks regardless of damage (see: ALL BUT TWO of Metaknight's standard attacks in Brawl).

However, moves with smaller hitboxes tend to seem like they have lower priority because without good spacing, you're going to get hit by the other hitbox before priority stuff happens. That's the main issue with WFT, so what you need to make the most out of her attacks is really REALLY good spacing.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I could have sworn we had a thread about these complaints already. "Wii Fit Trainer seriously needs a buff" I believe.

Like people said in that thread, it's not that her moves are low-priority. You just have to learn WFT's angles and whatnot. If you can't put up with it, pick someone else who clicks with you better.

This an example of me stopping C. Falcon's moves with both sides of her Ftilt. It can be done.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
"Low priority" is inevitable when you have hitboxes as precise as WFT's...

In reality there is no such thing as "low" and "high" priority. Priority is simply determined by damage output and a single flag. If two (ground) moves clash, then one of the attacks has to deal at least 9% more in order to outprioritise the other attack. Aerials nearly always beat out ground moves. Attacks can have a "transcendent" flag that gives them transcendent priority, allowing them to go through any attacks regardless of damage (see: ALL BUT TWO of Metaknight's standard attacks in Brawl).

However, moves with smaller hitboxes tend to seem like they have lower priority because without good spacing, you're going to get hit by the other hitbox before priority stuff happens. That's the main issue with WFT, so what you need to make the most out of her attacks is really REALLY good spacing.
I feel like this is so important to understand as a competitive WFT player because her ground normals come out fast and all do really good damage, meaning you get to do really dumb things like clank with Marth's dsmash with your jab and ftilt him before he recovers from clank stun.

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
So I've taking everything you guys said into consideration and have been practising trying to hit with her hitboxes and get my self familiarized with them and I feel like I'm getting better.. I've noticed a tiny improvement in my play with her online and offline. I just need to get down my timing with her now.. and some of her tricks.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
A good way to test how well you know your spacing is something most players should be doing anyway. Watch the other player. Don't divide your focus with peripheral vision as it's not very good at recognizing detail but pretty good for catching motion. Watch your opponent during a match and see how accurately you can land attacks without seeing WFT completely as well as avoiding attacks.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
A good way to test how well you know your spacing is something most players should be doing anyway. Watch the other player. Don't divide your focus with peripheral vision as it's not very good at recognizing detail but pretty good for catching motion. Watch your opponent during a match and see how accurately you can land attacks without seeing WFT completely as well as avoiding attacks.

Quoted for truth. Try training against those 2-hit ko heavy characters to give your eyes something big to focus on at first. It'll also teach you proper zoning/spacing through repeated dropkicks and warlock punches to the face, lol.

Top Bottom