• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Percent Shield-Break Punishes?

-Tornado-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
I_Beat_You
At low percents, what is the most damaging combo that can be done if you land shield break? I imagine footstool combos would be the best, but I'm not sure about how reliable they are because they can be DI'd after the footstool. Any thoughts?

SonofCereal

Smash Rookie
As you said, footstool combos would be optimal. You should be able to follow their DI after the footstool and lock with a N-air into FA2 and combo further from there. Make sure you can pull off footstools consistently because if you can't, you're wasting free damage.

As for good low percent combos after a shield break, it is highly dependent on who you're fighting. For example, against Link, you could do a soft F-air>footstool>N-air>FA2>soft F-air>N-air string>D-air if near the ledge. F-air and U-air also work as finishers. If you use U-air after a full hop N-air during the N-air string, you can fast fall right before the U-air to perform an U-air spike, which will drag them down. On the ground, you can do one of Ryu's BnB like c.lk>c.mk>tatsu or DP.

Again, the most optimal combo depends on the character you're comboing, their DI, rage, etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loo_l9La-2o <<<To give you a good idea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom