• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Love the facial expressions

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the 3rd picture would make a great meme face!

Anyhow, I love King DeDeDe's facial expressions too!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yes, his face in this game looks pudgier and stubby like it does in his other games. His expresions make him feel so alive! :laugh:

My favorites are the cringing face with the sweat off his forehead and the sadistic stare down on the Villager.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
He definitely looks much better, far more expressive in every way. When i first saw him i felt like they were tapping a bit into some of the expressions the cartoon version had (that thar kirbeh!), well at least the good parts of it haha. But anyway i hope some of the others look as good as he does now.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
so i think the first picture is jet hammer except close up

why is jet hammer back

sakurai pls

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
His face definitely looks a bit more mischievous and villainous this item around. He's face was too cuddly in Brawl.

It's hammer time!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's a lot like Kirby Anime + him look kinda as happy as in the 90's I think (like Super Star). Dedede's apperance made me become more looking forward to all veterans than ever before

SSB4 might be the most fun(i)est SSB-game yet.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Love the face, makes me think of Right back at ya Dedede voice when I see it. "Clobbuh that there Kirbeh"

(also hear the late John Candy whenever I see Dedede as well, could have eaisly voiced him)

so i think the first picture is jet hammer except close up

why is jet hammer back

sakurai pls
Well it's a freaking amazing improved attack in Project M, so maybe Sakurai will do the same with it.

Hong

The Strongest
Thanks for making me feel bad for calling this game Brawl 2.0. I think they put more effort into the visuals than I give them credit, and the lack of contrast in other characters is largely as a result of the fact there was little to improve.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I love it. I love what Sakurai has done to the character's facial expressions. Dedede seems like he has some of the best faces so far.

Some part of me already hates this, though. I have a friend that loves to pause and take screenshots and this game seems to lend itself to pics more.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
These facial expressions are truly wonderful!
I remember hating King Dedede's constant unblinking, moronic smile... so I am very pleased with this added attention.

Also... is it just me, or are his pupils smaller?

D

Deleted member

I love King Dedede's new facial expressions. They just make him seem so animated and it makes him come to life. I hope more characters get this sort of treatment.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I would love it if they gave Dedede the power to throw it if it gets overcharged.
Just sayin.
Well, considering i's powered by some sort of nuclear energy everyone on the stage would die a quick, painless death. :estatic:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
King Dedede looks much better than he did in Brawl. I was getting sick of those lifeless, vacant facial expressions.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
King Dedede looks much better than he did in Brawl. I was getting sick of those lifeless, vacant facial expressions.
But nothing was more suitable while you sucked the life out of their soul with dthrow

Top Bottom