• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Love Lost" by cge0361 - Pokémon fanfiction

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Wow, this subforum looks dead...

Anybody out there besides me ever read cge's stories? Wanna talk about them? Reminisce? Analyze?

His stuff is probably the only fanfiction I can bear to read. I personally think it's all very good. It's also very interesting how all of his stories and plotlines intertwine. It's still a bit campy, and yet it's more sophistocated stuff than your average fan story.

I could type up a huge thing, but if no one comes here I hardly see the point. Please respond if you have read his work, or would like to read stories that take a more realistic approach to Pokémon.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I hear you
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/cge0361
Seem like he's not gonna continue with love lost
I hesitate to click that link at a public library, but... if what you're saying is true, that is unfortunate. He's been writing these stories for a long time, and he's definitely gotten better at writing, compared to when he started. I had some high hopes for more chapters and such in the future, but I do understand.

I've done a lot of fan projects myself over the years. I did everything from writing stories, to designing video games, to fan art, for many of my favorite franchises as a child and young adult. In every case, I never once brought any of my projects to completion. It was always more about the cathartic nature of working on such things, for me, than actually producing something of lasting value. For one thing, I didn't know anybody offline who cared as much about things like, say, Sailor Moon, or Soul Calibur, than I did. And as a young child, doing Power Ranger fan art was only about doing things I enjoyed based on other things I enjoyed. So, it's always been a strictly selfish pursuit, for me.

I don't know cge. (I've tried talking to him a couple times, but in the end, how much can you really get to know someone on the internet, eh?) However, if he's anything like me, after a certain point the drive to finish a story you started becomes less about fun and more about obligation. At that point, most people stop, and I don't blame them. It's not like anyone gets paid for doing fanfics.

Top Bottom