• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisiana State Circuit

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Just so you know, Get Hype may have to be moved to another weekend. As it stands, if we were to have our new venue, we would most likely have it on the 3rd week of every month, unless something was booked that same day but for more money. We'd get at least a month's head notice. I talked with Stephanie today and she mentioned that where might be some confusion over what day during the week we host the event. As I mentioned to you before, Stephanie and I will be meeting with the owner this week to straighten things out. I'll let you know what the final results are when the meeting is done with.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Was there a thread for the BRM that was apparently yesterday?
No. Since Erick nor his brother know the owners to the Chinese Inn, but I do, Erick wanted me to accompany them there to help out with the meet and greet of the owners and set up the deal for us to use that place again. I have been busy with summer school and work, so we weren't able to get to it as early as we had hoped, but we did go there yesterday to take care of things. As such, the thread for the next one was made. We also are giving Jwulf some time to prepare for his first tournament. After July, we will be back on a normal schedule of 2-3 events per month, but having Get Hype and BRM as the two consistent events.

jrazor2001

Smash Rookie
Where is the wild card this Saturday on the 24th and will brawl be played?
Smashcon has been putting on regular events for the past six months to promote activity across the state of Louisiana. We've seen great improvement and because of that we've decided to make it of permanence. The six months of gaming leads to a major event called Smashcon held seasonally (Winter/Summer) in Slidell Louisiana. Its about 30 minutes from the east side of New Orleans. If your interested in any of these events and live in or around the area you can check out our map of the state listing the events information on our website. We sponsor regular game nights as well to promote activity.

http://smash-con.com/?page_id=23

We've decided to update and reformat the schedule for the next season after Summercon. The new system should give players more notice and give freedom to travel out of State more often reping our good state.We'll have two Main events every Month then one event rotated in. Therefore new areas get some notice and old areas get to keep developing. We won't always have three events every month we'll rotate that in too.

Another thing we've decided to limit our special events too accommodate the schedule too. Melee & N64's special event will be combined.

We're changing venues at two of the events due to space and scheduling issues. These updates will come when we get confirmations from venue owners.

Monthly Run Down

First Saturday of Month- Baton Rouge Monthly (At Chinese Inn)
Second Saturday of Month-Nothing
Third Saturday of Month- Get Hype (Albany/Hammond area currently)
Fourth Saturday of Month-WildCard every other Month.

Here is our schedule for the year of 2013 Winter Season. Aspects of this schedule are subject to change depending on many factors. We will continue to update/link events in this calendar to keep LA players informed.

Winter 2013

July
July 6-​
July 13-​
July 20- Get Hype #10
July 27-​
August
August 3-BRM #6
August 10-​
August 17-Get Hype #11-Cancelled​
August 24-WildCard​
September
September 7-BRM # 7​
September 14-​
September 21-Get Hype #12​
September 28-​
October
October 5- BRM #8​
October 12-​
October 19- Get Hype #13​
October 26-Brawl Special Event​
November
November 2-BRM #9​
November 9-​
November 16-Get Hype #14​
November 23-​
December
December 1-BRM #10​
December 10-​
December 17-Get Hype #15​
December 24-N64&Melee Special Event​
January
January 20-Smashcon WinterCon​
Total Events=14​
TOs
Water Bash- PingDing​
Baton Rouge Monthly-Jwulf​
Get HYPE- Bomber, Jarious, Stefon​
Not Running Currently
NO Monthly-Atticus​
Slidell Monthly-Fancy​
LOST-Curlz​

jrazor2001

Smash Rookie
I cant access that smash-con website. Can anyone send me info on these tournaments? Im new here

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I haven't heard of any talk for a wildcard this month, I'm going to text Erick and see what's up.

I know for October, concerning the events I run, Get Hype will be canceled because everyone will be at WHOBO in Texas, but the Brawl special event will still be a go. BRM I can assume will still be held as scheduled.

Mind asking you where you live jrazor?

Edit: Got a reply from Erick, there won't be any wildcard this month.

jrazor2001

Smash Rookie
Ok let me know if you find any info on the brawl special event. I live in Baton Rouge.
I haven't heard of any talk for a wildcard this month, I'm going to text Erick and see what's up.

I know for October, concerning the events I run, Get Hype will be canceled because everyone will be at WHOBO in Texas, but the Brawl special event will still be a go. BRM I can assume will still be held as scheduled.

Mind asking you where you live jrazor?

Edit: Got a reply from Erick, there won't be any wildcard this month.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Updated Season before Winter con.

Winter con Jan 25th, 2014- http://smashboards.com/threads/wint...uses-january-25th-2014-baton-rouge-la.342375/

Feb 1-Baton Rouge Monthly-Cancelled weekend after Winter con
Feb 8-
Feb 15-Open World Monthly #3
Feb 22-

March 1-Baton Rouge Monthly #10
March 8-
March 15- Open World Monthly #4
March 22-
March 29-

April 5-Baton Rouge Monthly #11
April 12-
April 19- Open World Monthly #5
April 26-

May 3-Baton Rouge Monthly #12
May 10-
May 17- Open World Monthly #6
May 24-
May 31-

June - Summer Con ( Date selected yet)
Total Events=
TOs
Baton Rouge Monthly-Jwulf
Open World- Bomber
Not Running Currently
NO Monthly-Atticus
Slidell Monthly-Fancy
LOST-Curlz
Get HYPE- Jarious, Stefon
Water Bash- PingDing
We'll be adding Special events for meelee/64 and Brawl soon.

-Erick

Top Bottom