• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lots of troubles with mario

wafer123

Smash Rookie
Yea Ive been maining fox since release. I actually play anthers ladder (smashladder) and was able to beat a lot of the people that main sheik and other high tiers. However I have historically always lost to mario, whether it was in for glory or on anthers ladder. I have so much trouble against him and I dont know what it is. It feels to me mario has an easier time killing me, while both of us have a good way of building up percentage. Is this a bad matchup? or is it just me? If it is me could you guys give me some tips on the mu?

MurphyLe

Smash Rookie
Its not necessarily a bad match up but it isn't easy since Mario has so many punishing options to an aggressive character like fox. Part of winning this match up is to Zone him out and tone down the aggression a bit.

Be careful of his out-of-shield options and his grabs. If you have consistent spacing, his options become a lot more limited.

*Grabbing Mario tends to work well depending on how the opponent is playing.

Top Bottom