• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lot's of HELP

KingFeraligatr

Smash Cadet
Originally I posted about this in Help and Support and didn't get a response. I was hoping if anyone here would be able to help. I have recently tried to do several things to Project M 2.6b to make it a bit better in me and my friends opinion.

First: I wanted to do was put in a new Character Select Screen or a HUD? I'm not sure if those are the same thing or not. If anyone could provide me with a tutorial that would be great.

Second: How to put in portrait icons on stages. I tried it a while ago, and I didn't have any luck.

Any help that you guys here on this forum can give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm having a hard time with all of this Modding stuff. Thanks :p

210stuna

Smash Lord
Portrait icons on stages is in private > wii > app > RSBE > pf > system > common5 (Open it with Brawlbox) > sc_selmap_en > MiscData[80] > Textures

After you see the P4 icon it is pretty self explanatory. If you made your own "replace" it (Or if you downloaded a custom stage texture that came with a preview/icon picture you can still replace it) . You can either export the old one to keep an extra image of it in case something goes wrong, or you can just save your common5 as "common5 OLD" to mark it as the old one AKA: The back up.

Once you're done doing your changes make sure you click "save as" and put in your build as "common5" NOT "common5_en"

Naming it "common5 NEW" on your desktop is helpful for a later back up point if all goes well with your current modding.

Also after the P4 icon you can look at what the preview picture is and look at the name it's titled, and the number at the end of it corresponds with the other numbers given to the other information down the line like the series symbol, stage name, stage preview, stage icon, etc;. This is another way to distinguish what you're dealing with.

The HUD and CSS (Character Selection Screen) are two different things.

The HUD (Head-up Display) is all the information located at the bottom of the screen once you're in battle, the CSS is the screen where you select your characters. This includes the background image, the individual character's name/portrait/selection box/etc.

I can give you information on how to change both, but I'm too tired right now and I'm about to head out for bed.
If nobody posts in this thread I might be able to help you out if I remember.

KingFeraligatr

Smash Cadet
Ok. I guess I'm not all that interested in the HUD and more on the CSS. When you ave the time could you explain how to change both for me? Thanks.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Certain CSS's like the one's here (http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-4951.html) is as simple as replacing the common5.pac

If you want to edit portraits on the css, you'll need to open up the common5, and go to char bus text, I believe. It's very simple.

The link I posted also works for 2.6b, despite it only having characters from 2.5. Good luck.

Top Bottom