• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost to worse players?

Deklan

Smash Rookie
So I consider myself decent at brawl but last night I played with some friends, only one plays brawl frequently.

It was free for all, all items, typical casual party play.

So why did I only win a third of the time?

Do items really take that much of a toll on you? I couldn't quite seem to focus on multiple fighters let alone all the **** exploding in my face.

Is there a strategy for this crap?!

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Don't take losses from FFA item matches seriously. It's basically anyone's game.

Last edited:

Deklan

Smash Rookie
I guess I'm competitive at heart so it's frustrating when mr. Never played brawl ever beats me lol

Sarin

Smash Rookie
Free for all is half skill half luck really. It's more for fun, I wouldn't take it competitively.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
FFA... Doesn't matter how good you are (well, unless the gap is really huge). Items and random crap is the great evener. It's FUN. Just more party mode than 1v1 and no items :p.

Top Bottom