• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

losing all bandwidth when "with anyone" freezes

Ralk

Smash Rookie
I'm often playing smoothly over wifi on the "with anyone" mode when suddenly the game creeps to a halt. I'm not talking about a little input delay - the game is slowed to maybe 5% of its normal speed eventually resulting in a disconnect. I know this happens to everyone. What I just noticed today is that, when brawl freezes up like this, I can't even surf the web at normal speeds. Basically, during this freeze, brawl is using up all my bandwidth. Keep in mind I have a solid DSL connection that works very well for other online gaming. I'm also using the Nintendo Wifi USB adapter specifically for brawl.

This freeze is due to a bad connection between any or all of the four players in the match. My question is, what is brawl's internet protocol doing to use up all my bandwidth? Is this supposed to happen?

During these games, all four players are sending packets to each other. Perhaps when one person starts to disconnect, the other three players continue flooding each others' connection with packets. That's just a guess on my part. Is there anyone that knows more about internet protocols that can explain what's going on here?

Top Bottom