• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Los Angeles South Bay Area Smash

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm just looking for more smashers near the South Bay area for my crew and I to play with.
If you don't know whether you belong to the south bay area or not, here's the Wikipedia page for it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Bay,_Los_Angeles

Our crew has players with every skill level so don't be discouraged to post even if you're new to the competitive smash scene!
We like to schedule things on Facebook, we have a group dedicated just for smashing in the South Bay area:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/286094918090209/

Hope to find some new players!!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
i just thought it sounded weird -shrugs-

unfortunately u live in the middle of nowhere

im setting up smashfests with anyone and everyone who can help me improve. prob the only thing most feasible for you is playing at oxy/sung's, which is in LA. or maybe fullerton @ KFC's, which is 30 min from you. once i get a rookie's number i expect to play with jr and a rookie and hopefully connor as often as possible. you'd probably be welcome too, assuming you can hang. that's to say nothing of the 909 smashfests we hold every now and then.

unfortunately you never gave me your phone # so iono how you expect to get invited

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Do you have Facebook? I'll also PM you with my phone number. I also have A rookie on my Facebook so he can invite me from there whenever stuff happen.

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
i just thought it sounded weird -shrugs-

unfortunately u live in the middle of nowhere

im setting up smashfests with anyone and everyone who can help me improve. prob the only thing most feasible for you is playing at oxy/sung's, which is in LA. or maybe fullerton @ KFC's, which is 30 min from you. once i get a rookie's number i expect to play with jr and a rookie and hopefully connor as often as possible. you'd probably be welcome too, assuming you can hang. that's to say nothing of the 909 smashfests we hold every now and then.

unfortunately you never gave me your phone # so iono how you expect to get invited
Southbay is such a weird area for smash. We're so close to LA, but we've kind of been a dead zone for years as far as I can tell. And we're too spoiled by easier traffic to travel much. That and gas. I seriously hate driving anywhere north.

Lol, SNPR, not going to lie, the OP looks like the kind of automated message that if I clicked one those links i would be spammed hard by... disagreeable things.

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Southbay is such a weird area for smash. We're so close to LA, but we've kind of been a dead zone for years as far as I can tell. And we're too spoiled by easier traffic to travel much. That and gas. I seriously hate driving anywhere north.

Lol, SNPR, not going to lie, the OP looks like the kind of automated message that if I clicked one those links i would be spammed hard by... disagreeable things.
Fixed it, hope it looks less advertising. Though I am advertising our area to find smashers and smash more :p

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
i live near torrance high. i go to college but i took a quarter off right now. lets play haha.

edit: i'm yuta shaseim4st3r kaneko on the socal fb page. but yeah lets play. beendying to play new ppl

helterskelter

Smash Cadet
Gotdayum it's been a while since I posted on here. It's kind of embarrassing actually looking back at my old posts now.

So young, so much Brawl speculation...

Anyway, it's been a long time since I've last played, but I'll be down for some games once I'm back in town and if y'all don't live too far.

Also

sup yuta

COCO

Smash Cadet
Yo so yeah I live near west high. Hold on are you that person who lives in the apartment complex on Anza? Cuz I think me Chris Miro Aaron Rapp and a couple other friends went to a smashfest of urs a while ago..in which case i think i met u but i forgot ur name anywayz

There's a chance we'll be going to the Sat Tournie (sung's one) in LA, so here's a list of ppl i know that play smash in torrance:

-Erik S. (no fb or smashboards acct)
-Matt M. (smash acct (his tag is Othello) but no fb)
-Ryota S. (fb but no smash acct)

There are others I know but they either don't play competitively or live on campus somewhere else (like Chris)

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Yo so yeah I live near west high. Hold on are you that person who lives in the apartment complex on Anza? Cuz I think me Chris Miro Aaron Rapp and a couple other friends went to a smashfest of urs a while ago..in which case i think i met u but i forgot ur name anywayz

There's a chance we'll be going to the Sat Tournie (sung's one) in LA, so here's a list of ppl i know that play smash in torrance:

-Erik S. (no fb or smashboards acct)
-Matt M. (smash acct (his tag is Othello) but no fb)
-Ryota S. (fb but no smash acct)

There are others I know but they either don't play competitively or live on campus somewhere else (like Chris)
Hey hey, yeah, I'm the guy from the Anza apartment complex. My name is David. Ryota was recently added to the group South Bay smash by Jorge Gamero. You should definitely join the group too if you want to join us for smash sometime. Also, I know Chris, he's also in the group, too bad he's on campus D:

joeplicate

Smash Master
sniper is hecka cool, also he drives a cool car

all-around legit guy :)
helped satisfy my smash urges when i was high and dry in rancho palos verdes

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
sniper is hecka cool, also he drives a cool car

all-around legit guy :)
helped satisfy my smash urges when i was high and dry in rancho palos verdes
So much has happened since then! I sold my police car and moved to Chicago to live by myself, bought a new car there, a mitsubishi eclipse, crashed it in the snow and had to move back to socal last year.(I don't regret moving back, the experience taught me that socal owns). Now I don't have a car but sometimes I can drive my mom's minivan.

RAQU TOMATO SAUCE

Best link in socal
I want to see RAQU vs Jay. Mr tomato sauce should to regain the title of best link in socal!

:phone:

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
Should I change my Smash tag to "Mr. Tomato Sauce"? I kinda like it lol.

Edit: can anyone host? I'll definitely show up if it's gonna happen.

:phone:

COCO

Smash Cadet
Yo what happened to this thread? There's no posts anymore, and I'm eager as ever to play some smash, I've been deprived for like 2 weeks. Btw anyone going to the Temple City tournamnent on june 23rd?

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone in the USC area have a TV I can borrow for 1-2 days? PM me plzzzzz

Top Bottom